Hi to you all i have a problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
ccamaleon3000
Hi to you all i have a problem

my problem is i just got some corn snakes baby's and half of them are not eating u know the classic "yea they eat good small pinkies" but not and my question is how i can make it to eat pinkies or any ting i don't wanna see it died for starvation pliss if u have any tip post it

TANKS JUAN

Old 10-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Provide your husbandry information and how often (and what) you are offering food. How long have you had them would also be helpful information. With this information it will be easier to determine if it is a problem that can be easily remedied or if you just have difficult feeders and need to try alternate methods to get them to eat.

Here also is a link to a Cornsnake Feeding FAQ (sticked at the top of this forum):
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...22&postcount=3

Old 10-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
ccamaleon3000
well they (8 baby's) are in a 20 gallon tank , whit the temperature of 76-80,all the normal measurements of a nice housing. some of the baby's i have it for 5 day's and some off a week all ready the big ones are eating good( amel aztec,motley albino, Bloodred Corn) they smell the pinkie but they don't even try open the mouth..

Old 10-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
ccamaleon3000
and the guy sold me to me he say "it have like a week all ready whit no food" so it be about a week

Old 10-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
ccamaleon3000
some one told me get the water out for 3 days and then get some eggs this will be good alternative?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamaleon3000
some one told me get the water out for 3 days and then get some eggs this will be good alternative?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
Wilomn
Sniff sniff....

Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamaleon3000
The person is an idiot. No offense.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:39 PM   #9
TripleMoonsExotic
Well problem #1, they should be housed individually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornsnake FAQ
It is not recommended to house more then one cornsnake in the same enclosure. The problems that arise from co-habitating include cannibalism, transmission of disease and stress. It is better to avoid a problem then create them.
Stress from shipping (or moving from one location to another) will also cause them to not eat. I wouldn't be concerned with them not eating until 3-4 weeks have gone by.

Do not deprive the hatchlings from water. They will also not eat eggs of any sort. Pinky mice (try both f/t and live) are the usual food item for hatchling colubrids. Offer food every 5 days.

If after several weeks they are still not eating on their own, their are a number of alternatives to trick the hatchlings into eating. Scenting the pinky mice with an Anole or scenting with chicken broth are the two most common. You can also cut small slits in the back of a pinky to encourage a feeding response.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #10
ccamaleon3000
ok now each one is whit a pinkie in his plastic box...so u saying cut the pinkie in his back so blood it will encourage to a feeding response.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!