Bad Guy Dave Young and His Shipping Con on Me!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Amelanistic Orca
Dave Young and His Shipping Con on Me!!

I recently noticed that there wasn't a thread about David Young in Florida.. Just his defunct business Reptster.com.. I had the displeasure of signing in on his website, Reptster.com.. Later that same day, D. Young called to tell me his brother in law wanted a pair of snakes I had for sale.. Great communications, paid in a jiffy, and wanted me to ship them on his account with Fedex.. I maintain contact with customers daily so nobody has to worry.. A couple days went by to the shipment date.. I did try to get ahold of him just worthless reasons ie; let him know I am gonna make good and ship the animals as promised, but soon noticed he wasn't taking calls on the second ring like he had been.. Shipping day comes, I got his package and another package that was all set up on Reptster.com.. Well, the repster package was shot down because miraculously the barcode wasn't scannable and so I paid with my cc for this shipment, no biggie, but quickly noticed the repster.com charge that I wasn't able to use.. Still no biggie, shipments went out like promised.. NOW FOR THE PROFESSIONAL SCAM. I used his shipping account, in fine print, I would be responsible if something came about.. I did not know this, tis why this thread is now up.. THE SHIPPER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SHIPMENT IF THE ACCOUNT IS NOT GOOD... I am sure most knew this, but I did not.. Fedex, released me on this charge outta the goodness of a cust. serv. manager.. Had to fight to get this removed for me, I must admit, it wasn't easy.. Dave Young got me to ship my snakes on his account, that came back on me.. Can't get ahold of him, so I just want someone to know a scam that caught me up and my mother is a regional security manager for a large bank inst... She will laugh at me on this one, but I don't want anybody else to go through what I went through on this one.. Dave Young is not a stand up businessman.. Thanks..

Old 11-13-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
And by the by and for what it is worth.. You can have a person at the Fedex counter tell you if the account is in 'good standing' before you ship, which I will do from now on.. One of those fine lines we cross, at least I get to learn from this one..

Old 11-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
norsmis
When does it stop David? When?

Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
MikeCurtin
Within the past month, I've had a few people inquire about Reptster shipping. I declined due to the bad feeling I got from his show sponsorship thread being an indication of business ethics. The word is spreading because those people were understanding and had heard of problems w/ David Young without even seeing the thread.

Also, while it's good to use existing threads, I'm glad this new one has been started because it shows how he deals with a simple Reptster transaction gone awry...no chance for he said/she said contract/price disputes on this one. David Young has done a great service for the reptile community by making us all aware of a "new and improved" type of scam.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
And by the by and for what it is worth.. You can have a person at the Fedex counter tell you if the account is in 'good standing' before you ship, which I will do from now on.. One of those fine lines we cross, at least I get to learn from this one..
I have heard all of the "poor David" stuff, both on the BOI from his supporters and from a few at Tinley. I gotta say, I just don't see it. Poor David nothing! Poor David has made promises he cannot or will not keep, lied, behaved sarcastically when people were waiting patiently for him to prove his points. These points by the way, never were proven because here is no defence for his behavior.

Empty promises, lies, veiled insinuations....thats all any of us got.
In my opinion anyone who deals with him after all of this is a flaming fool.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
Ed Clark
Sorry to hear about all the surprises with this low rate shipper Tom.

It seems like alot of people will switch from a reliable shipper for another with a lower rate.

And that almost never ends up good.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #7
David Scarboro
I am sure that his supporters will be here soon with an expalanation. Come on guys, Don't make me call names...

Old 11-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #8
VanZwedenReptiles
I shipped though Repster one time. I went to ship another snake today and its down. What happened. He claimed if I ordered his boxes and bags whatever that I would save 40 percent on shipping. Looks like He has ripped alot of Us off. I have 2 numbers for Him one is his cell phone, he called Me back from it and I saved it. If You want it email Me

Ed who else ships as You stated a Reliable shipper? Thanks for any info. Maybe I should just get Certafide myself and not have to deal with This. I did get to ship one box for 32.00 dollars ,wow Hows he going to make good on the rest..I don't know David at all so I would like to hear what He is going to do about all this also

Van

Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanZwedenReptiles View Post
,wow Hows he going to make good on the rest..I don't know David at all so I would like to hear what He is going to do about all this also
Van
and so would the rest of us

Old 11-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
TERRor
Anything???

**crickets chirping**

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
repster, reptster