!! BE CAREFUL !! Wild caught ball pythons sold as captive breds! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #11
NEWReptiles
Quote:
I recently purchased three supposedly adult females weighing 3-4lbs for $65 a piece from a private person that I found on the Internet. I knew I was taking a dice shoot but decided to go through with the transaction using paypal (who by the way can't help me now).
This is a quote from YOU..

It sucks that the KS police deleted over half of the posts in this thread, but there is still enough there to figure out what happened. I did read the ENTIRE thread before select posts were deleted.

Old 03-08-2004, 10:44 PM   #12
Suncoast Herpetological
Philly

I would strongly suggest three things.

First: edit your profile so your full name shows in your signature. There is an excellent chance that this entire thread could be deleted if you don't.

Second: Post the entire Email exchange on here. That is really the only way that you are going to prove your point.

Third: If possible, scan the receipt fro Strictly's and post it as well.

Old 03-08-2004, 10:45 PM   #13
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by realvenum
This is a quote from YOU..

It sucks that the KS police deleted over half of the posts in this thread, but there is still enough there to figure out what happened. I did read the ENTIRE thread before select posts were deleted.
Ok, and your point?

I bought three supposed female adult weighing 3-4lbs. I got 3 wc ball pythons unsexed weighing under 1500 grams. As I never heard of this Mike guy before (searched KS) I was taking a gamble on the transaction as he could've taken my money and not sent anything.

Guess I "seven'd out" on this transaction afterall.

Old 03-08-2004, 10:50 PM   #14
NEWReptiles
Quote:
I bought three supposed female adult weighing 3-4lbs. I got 3 wc ball pythons unsexed weighing under 1500 grams.
Now thier mis-sexed?

P.S. 3 lbs = 1350 grams

Old 03-08-2004, 11:03 PM   #15
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by realvenum
Now thier mis-sexed?

P.S. 3 lbs = 1350 grams
I will take Suncoast Herpetological advise and scan the invoice and post it here. I've included my full name as well already.

With respect to mis-sexing, I paid for captive bred females, not wild caught unknowns. I phoned Strictly Reptiles and they said they're just ball pytons, period. I'll try to dumb down my english as you're having problems understanding me realvenum.

My point to all of this is that I received something for which was not in our oral agreement. As oral will not hold up in court, I cannot prove it one way or the other. If I wanted wild caught females, I could have bought them for $25 from Strictly Reptiles myself and not have paid $65 a piece for them! There's a bunch of importers selling females for $25 and under and if I wanted wc's, why would I pay $65 for them as you implied that I knew they were wc's all along? The statement or implication you made ranks way up there on the stupidity level.

I paid $65 since he told me they were captive bred females weighing 3-4lbs. I need a bunch of females and I wanted captive bred, not wild caught. If I wanted wild caught I could have bought 10 females for $250 from Strictly Reptiles or any other importer. Heck, there's a bunch of them listed on KS so it's common knowledge.

I'm done speaking to you as it's pointless and a complete waste of my time.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:07 PM   #16
NEWReptiles
Quote:
I'm done speaking to you as it's pointless and a complete waste of my time.
OK......

Funny how one could buy CB breeder size Regius at $65 each........I know I woulda ran and hid......

Old 03-08-2004, 11:17 PM   #17
NEWReptiles
I will reply any further, I read all this crap on KS and thats why I replied now. I did dig up a couple posts from Ron and will post them here.

You be the judge.....

Posted by: BallHeaded at Wed Mar 3 09:09:06 2004 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ]

Hi,

I think my situation may help others so I thank you in advance.

I recently purchased three supposedly adult females weighing 3-4lbs for $65 a piece from a private person that I found on the Internet. I knew I was taking a dice shoot but decided to go through with the transaction using paypal (who by the way can't help me now).

I received the fedex package today and it contained three large ball pythons in a sack along with an invoice from a reptile dealer that I did not do business. He must have ordered them from there and had them shipped to me. I phoned them and inquired about the snakes. The lady told me they were wild caught and weren't treated for anything.

I observed them and there appears to be ticks, etc. on them! I contacted the seller but he's not available now (in different timezone) but I want to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Since I have zero experience with wild caughts and to be honest, I don't want to put up with the hassle of tick removal, etc. what should I do?? I want to be prepared for him possibly telling me that he won't refund me for the snakes.

What should I do??????

thanks in advance

Posted by: BallHeaded at Wed Mar 3 10:08:13 2004 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much why I took the gamble with them as I couldn't turn down $65 for females.

How would you recommend that I go about treating them? I have a few cans of provent-a-mite and I sprayed the tubs in the rack with it, let the vapors dissipate and introduced the snakes to the rack. I'm hoping that the provent-a-mite will kill the tick, mites, their respective eggs, etc. but I'm told that I will still have to remove the ticks with tweezers (ugh!).

Since 100% of imports have internal parasites, I'll have to address that issue as well. The good thing that I can take from this is that I will now have wild-caught experience

Old 03-08-2004, 11:18 PM   #18
HerpVenue
Quote:
I confronted Mike about this and he told me to "screw off" in a nutshell.
You posted the above.
With that in mind I say FRY THE GUY.

But then I saw this in another of your posts

Quote:
"thank you ron for dealing with this problem so well i promise i will make it up to you some how once we it all this right and i refund this to you when i send my snaks i will give a better deal on them than this for now on i will ship first "
to me that sounds kinda like he is trying to make ammends.

yes he is wrong for pretending he ws gonna ship them.
yes he is wrong for selling wild caught as captive bred.

But you said on the phone he said he had captive bred available......
Did you mention it was those you wanted? Could have been a misunderstanding.

Also do not come here telling people he told you to basically "screw off" Because that is also wrong on your part.

Quote:
The above is your post on KS.
So now you are saying they are unsexed.
HOW DO YOU KNOW?
They might be unsexed by you but it does not mean they were not sexed by the place who sent them to you.

1. he told you to basically "screw yourself"
2. They are "UNSEXED"....unsexed by you.

PLEASE DO NOT EXAGERATE (sp)

Old 03-08-2004, 11:23 PM   #19
Sasheena
Ritchie, he did say that the place that shipped them to him confirmed their shipment was for WC adult ball pythons, unsexed and untreated.

At least that is what I thought I read.

But I agree... did he say he would work it out, or did he say "jump in a lake"?

Old 03-08-2004, 11:28 PM   #20
HerpVenue
Quote:
Ritchie, he did say that the place that shipped them to him confirmed their shipment was for WC adult ball pythons, unsexed and untreated.
Looks like I may have to review.
I don't remember saying that.

Still I think he is trying to work it out....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!