What IS this beautiful morph? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-12-2004, 03:41 PM   #11
candycorn
Thumbs up bubblegums

these are pure bubblegum cornsnakes the founding stock comes from a man named Loyd lemke, I have been working on snows for about nine years, i always have loved them,there is no trick photography here! they are some of nicest brighest snakes , anyone living close to me can come by and see them for there selfs, as Meg F from the cornsnake forum has,if you dont beleive it you can ask her she has seen them in person , but thanks for the compliments!

Old 12-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #12
ecreipeoj
For those of you that may not know, Lloyd Lemke was one of the pioneers of breeding snakes in captivity. Many of my Corn lines came from him and were some of the original lines of many morphs. He was a good friend and will always be missed.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:10 PM   #13
candycorn
another pic!

here is a pick of a male !you must see them to beleive them!
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2004, 04:02 PM   #14
Alias47
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the pics you emailed me.

I am now a true believer. GORGEOUS...that "bubblegum" is the brightest snow I have EVER seen...

The pink and green is very pretty but the pink in the pic you have on this thread is absolutely amazing.

I apologize for doubting you, but it is not everyday someone posts a snake with that kind of coloration.

Joe,
If you say it is so, I must believe it.
Your reputation in cornsnake breeding and husbandry precedes you. From everything I have seen, you are among the cutting edge breeders in the industry right now. Your getting involved in this thread shows me that I was definitely mistaken. Thanks for setting this straight.

Derek

Old 12-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #15
ecreipeoj
Actually, I have never seen Steve’s Bubblegum Corns, but I have talked to Steve many times and have no reason to disbelieve him. I have heard from people who have seen them and they say they look just like the photos. I did know that Steve’s Snows were Bubblegums from Lloyd, who I knew very well, and his stock had been selectively bred for the pink coloration for many generations, long before Steve got them.

Steve has obviously brought out the best in that line that I have ever seen. I have heard of others that were extremely pink from that line as well. Many other lines of Snows and Opals have recently popped up with very intense pink coloration as well. I also know how hard it is to get good photos of the pinks in Corns. You have to take a lot of photos under different lighting conditions and pick the ones that look the closest to their true color.

I also feel that everybody should get a chance to present their side of the story. Some of Steve’s photos do look a little off, but it is nearly impossible to get the pink color right, unless the other lighting conditions are off a little. Some of the new high dollar cameras take very nice close up photos of their true color, but Steve and I do not have the latest models.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:58 AM   #16
Alias47
I agree that it can be VERY hard to properly photograph the pinks in snow and opal cornsnakes...that is one of the reasons it was hard for me to believe that these were the actual colors under "normal" lighting as opposed to a blacklight. I feel blacklighting would be intentional misrepresentation of the animal. In this case, however, the animals are just that gorgeous.

Like I said I have never seen a snow corn this magnificent, making it easy to disbelieve...especially (I hate to say it) in a kingsnake classified ad. Seems there are a lot of people misrepresenting animals on that site, and everywhere for that matter.

What a truly gorgeous specimen...wish I had a pair of these...I have a really pretty snow male...but NOTHING like this. An absolute work of art. Thanks to both of you guys, Steve and Joe...and to Lloyd for all his work...his contribution to herpetology is unended.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:13 AM   #17
Sand&SunReptile
That is a very nice looking snake. Both of them. I would love to get my hands on some of those guys!

Old 12-25-2004, 03:26 PM   #18
candycorn
High pink bubblegums

To anyone interested there are some animals available from this beautifull stock, they are 100 each and if you wanted to wait till next season they should be even better cause the project is still in the works, but next season they will be ranging in price from 75 up to 200 thanks Steve

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!