!!!BAD GUY!!!! Tampa Bay Exotics - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
joepythons
name

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanLedet
I want to be certain Lauren, so I PM'ed Rich and asked if it was a violation of the TOS.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

back to what matters.
Nate,he is telling you the truth.Your full name needs to be in your signature.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:08 PM   #12
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidleaf
(So.. if Ledet is your last name... it still has to be in your profile or signature.... sorry if that seems redundant but I don't think having it in your username is good enough, though I could be wrong... )
It is in his profile. It's his USER ID!!!! Sheesh.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #13
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidleaf
(So.. if Ledet is your last name... it still has to be in your profile or signature.... sorry if that seems redundant but I don't think having it in your username is good enough, though I could be wrong... )
Of course it's good enough. Alot of people have their full name as their user name. It fits the rules.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #14
The BoidSmith
It is very difficult to guarantee that an animal will eat once under the care of a different person. We’ve had healthy animals that will stop eating for not apparent reason only to resume several weeks later (although nothing had “apparently” changed in their environment). Subtle environmental changes may trigger a non-feeding mode. More drastic changes such of changing animals to a new environment or house can certainly result in a reptile going off-feed. All a seller can do is guarantee that the animal was feeding for him. This is fairly easy to verify by the buyer as depending on how long ago they were fed they will pass feces in their new location. Once the husbandry practices to which the animal will be subjected are out of his control IMO there’s no way he can guarantee a feeding response.

Regards

Old 01-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #15
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogg
Yes sry must of forgot. I got them shipped to Ohio over 3 weeks ago. From Florida. Now He shipped them in some type of deli cup withOUT a perch. I have tried ever kind of feeding. I am not saying all his animals are bad but the GTP were. One out of the 3 has ate. But the other 2 have not. I have tried live, f/t, scented live, scented f/t. Nothing seems to work. His Brazilian Rainbow Boas came in great. All eating f/t no problem. Just the Green Tree Pythons were bad. I don't know if it is how they were shipped or not. It has been a while since they were shipped as GTP can get very stressed so I tried to feed them a week after they were shipped and then the next week. I have been discussing with him if we could get eating GTP but he said the only thing he could do is give me a Free Brazilian Rainbow Boa which is half the cost of a GTP from him. I don't want to have my post meaning he is a totally bad guy but might not know his stuff as to shipping and having some animals.
I have received established GTP's from well known breeders that did not eat for well over 3 weeks after shipping. This is not uncommon and not something to be alarmed by, IMO. It is definitely not something I would necessarily fault the seller for.

And by the way, every young GTP I ever received, arrived in a deli cup with no perch.

Bart Sharrah

Old 01-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #16
bigdogg
Ok I was just seeing if some more expierence shippers of GTP's knew if that could be the case. Now I also didn't mean to say he is a bad guy. Just couldn't edit it all after it was done. I am just warning people about the GTP from him. Everything else ate super good. The gtp still no go. 1 of them has ate but the other 2 are not. This can be deleted if you guys want or buried doesn't matter just seeing some opinions. Sorry for the inconvience.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #17
lanceheads
John,
Maybe, just maybe,,,, the GTP is in a shed cycle??? (if so, it ain't gonna eat)
Let the snake settle down for awhile, and keep it's humidity up.

Randal Berry

Old 01-27-2007, 08:47 PM   #18
ravensgait
John, I've owned and shipped a number of these guys. Some will eat the day they arrive others take awhile.. Are these your first Chondro's ?? Baby GTPS are a lot different and touchier than sub adults and adults... If you get a chance stop over at the arboreal forum and we can discuss their care more in depth if you want... Randy

Old 01-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #19
bigdogg
Yeah I thought of that too. Have not seen it in blue though. I waited almost a month. These are not adults these are 7-8 week old babies. They can't go a month off feed like an adult. Well they can but still not healthy.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #20
bigdogg
I will make sure I do that Randy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!