!!!WARNING - girlegirl06@sbcglobal.net - BAD!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #11
Stardust
Since it was brought up by you I will ask.
Did you agree to a certain method of shipping?
If you did not why not mention the shipping on here?
Did you open the box at your house, see they were sick and brought them to your friends?

Old 01-30-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyduckworth
i'm sure there is quite a bit about disease you don't understand. it is completely possible to have carried an illness on my clothing and it's possible that it was unrelated. similar symptoms, same outcome, kind of odd.
Don't assume that you know what I know and don't know ricky. You don't know my background. As for OPMV, as you are suggesting, that is felt to be blood and fluid borne, although it has been postulated that mites may be a vector. If you did pass it on through improper quarantine that part would not be on the seller, especially when you knew that these snakes were sick the moment you first laid eyes on them.
Quote:
all were SEVERELY DEHYDRATED AND MALNOURISHED to the point of being almost dead. none looked to have eaten in months, all were scarred and some had fresh gashes.
When you did your own "half-ass necropsy" did you see any gross lung lesions?

Quote:
only if you assume that i meant doing something illegal or malicious. don't assume
Not necessarily. Especially if they were shipped USPS you were still a party to the shipment. The likelihood is you would not be prosecuted, but it is up to postal authorities to make that decision.

Quote:
assuming that they were shipped in the manner you're suggesting. don't assume.
Not assuming anything, just using your own words:
Quote:
your first sentence concedes the fact that i mentioned it so let's leave it at that.

i'm risking my own neck by mentioning any further details simply because i was involved, regardless of exactly how.

put it this way, it's not how i'd ship
Oh, and inquiring minds would like to know this guy's name so we can know who to avoid. It would be easy enough for him to get another email account and keep doing business. Your warning is virtually worthless without a name.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Oh, and inquiring minds would like to know this guy's name so we can know who to avoid. It would be easy enough for him to get another email account and keep doing business. Your warning is virtually worthless without a name.
That email address is associated with Dan Meyer out of Oklahoma, Fauna user name ReptilZ. IP addresses show Oklahoma City.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=30373

Old 01-30-2007, 05:06 PM   #14
Stardust
It would also appear that he was on here yesterday from his profile.
Has anyone informed him yet of this thread?

Old 01-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #15
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
That email address is associated with Dan Meyer out of Oklahoma, Fauna user name ReptilZ. IP addresses show Oklahoma City.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=30373
Thanks Dennis!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #16
snakemom1961
Ya know, This is probably the umpteenth thread I've read about snakes possibly(or actually) being sent USPS. I come to a couple of conclusions here(since it's supposedly illegal to ship snakes USPS)

1: As long as they're getting thier money the USPS really doesn't care WHAT thier shipping.

2: No one has made them away HOW many people actually are using thier service illegally to ship thier animals.

Has anyone actually made the USPS aware of this board, so they could investigate the customers listed here that use them to ship?

Just curious how serious they may be about thier own regulations and rules.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:45 AM   #17
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961
Ya know, This is probably the umpteenth thread I've read about snakes possibly(or actually) being sent USPS. I come to a couple of conclusions here(since it's supposedly illegal to ship snakes USPS)

1: As long as they're getting thier money the USPS really doesn't care WHAT thier shipping.

2: No one has made them away HOW many people actually are using thier service illegally to ship thier animals.

Has anyone actually made the USPS aware of this board, so they could investigate the customers listed here that use them to ship?

Just curious how serious they may be about thier own regulations and rules.
They are not going to get too worked up over non-venomous snakes. Venomous snakes are another matter and they do take it very seriously. The USPS along with other Federal Agencies are aware of this board and do monitor it.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:25 AM   #18
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
They are not going to get too worked up over non-venomous snakes. Venomous snakes are another matter and they do take it very seriously. The USPS along with other Federal Agencies are aware of this board and do monitor it.
OK Thanks, Just wondered.Because everytime it's mentioned on here that someone shipped USPS. EVERYONE jumps on them on how illegal it is and how much trouble they can get into shipping that way, when in actuallity if I read your answer right. The USPS doesn't really follow thier own rules unless a HOT snake was shipped by them.

Which brings me to another question. How would they know if it were a HOT snake vs. a Boa, or corn snake?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:24 AM   #19
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961
OK Thanks, Just wondered.Because everytime it's mentioned on here that someone shipped USPS. EVERYONE jumps on them on how illegal it is and how much trouble they can get into shipping that way, when in actuallity if I read your answer right. The USPS doesn't really follow thier own rules unless a HOT snake was shipped by them.

Which brings me to another question. How would they know if it were a HOT snake vs. a Boa, or corn snake?
They may not prosecute, but they very well may hold the shipment for a length of time, and refuse to deliver it. So...that could leave the snake sitting halfway across the country going nowhere. Are you going to be able to drop everything and drive halfway across the country to pick it up, and take the chance that they are going to slap cuffs on you if and when you do arrive to pick up that snake.....which is now possibly already dead from sitting in an unheated (or overheated in the summer) box for 3 days?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 AM   #20
Keith Northrop
Talking Cat Out Of The Bag.........

Ricky.......Did this shipment come Via USPS? I'm wondering where it was
shipped from.....Dan Meyer out of Oklahoma?.....It takes a permit to possess
or sell from OK...Very interested in more facts about this issue....Thanks Keith

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!