Any chance of finding a lost monitor...? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:17 PM   #1
Breaking Dad
Any chance of finding a lost monitor...?

6 months old ackie...jumped out of my hand...blended in with the carpet...no clue where he went...I put a few cans of tuna out hoping to lure him out...anything else I can do...?...(had 7 people looking for hours)...only asking to try something...Thank you

Old 04-10-2019, 10:43 PM   #2
Idiopathicelectrode
First, nice username lol. And second, I’ve lost three monitors, a baby melinus, which I’m assuming is close to the size and build of your ackie, a little baby white throat monitor, and a 4 foot water monitor, which is probably quite a bit bigger than yours and as such was probably easier to find.

Melinus - he ran out of my room as I was cleaning his tank, and he escaped to somewhere else in the house. To find him, we decreased the temperature of our house and tried to basically freeze him out, and then put a heat light in each room aimed at the floor with a piece of slate under each one, hoping to draw him out onto them. We then put a few pinkies around each heat light to convince him to go eat them. We narrowed down his locations, turning over every bit of furniture in the house as we went. We found him a week later, on one of the slate tiles.

White throat - got out the same way the melinus did, but he’s a lot slower and less intelligent, so we were less stressed about him being lost. We did the same thing as we did for melinus, we found him the next day lol

Water monitor - we just put a plate of salmon in each room and we checked them each day and when we saw one had been eaten from we quartered off that room and searched for him. Found him a few days later

Hope any of this helps, and good luck finding your ackie!

Old 05-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
Breaking Dad
Found Him...!!!...Thank you Ben for being one of the almost 300 people to read this...and being the only one to post something to try...really appreciate it...I almost wore him to work as he ending up being inside my work sweatshirt...luckily I saw him as I put it on...so I’m appreciating him more now and no more out of his room till he’s a bit bigger....Thank you again Ben...

Old 05-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
I'm glad you found him!

Old 05-31-2019, 08:53 PM   #5
Idiopathicelectrode
Any chance of finding a lost monitor...?

I’m really happy to hear that man! I’m glad U thought I was good lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!