Inquiry Inquiry on Todd Gearheart - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:25 AM   #41
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13 View Post
Critical bill's comments have nothing positive to offer. Nobody's kissing anybody's ass here.

Cathy was fair and constructive with her comments. People should follow her lead on such matters.

Offer something constructive, positive and fair, otherwise say nothing at all.
You sir are a joke. The only thing constructive about this thread is your demonstration of stupid childish behavior. It clearly indicates, to anyone looking you up on the BOI in the future, your own vindictive, rude and boorish nature.
There is already a thread going between you and Mr. Tresser where polite discussion was possible but you had to start a pay back thread?
Yes I know, “he started it”, the typical response of a 4 year old.
The great thing is that you will see that this site is fair, unlike the sites that protect your slimy reputation, and this thread will remain for all to see how you made a fool of yourself along with the other two that are tagged with your name.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #42
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Nobody except you, Lord of the Ass Kissers.
ah, hahahahhahahhahahahhahaha! That's too funny!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #43
John Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Nobody except you, Lord of the Ass Kissers.
Man what a douche... they settled the dispute chucky

Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #44
Ken Harbart
Enough is enough, folks. Let it die.

The two principles have settled their dispute. Keeping it alive isn't going to accomplish anything outside of keeping scammers off the first page of the BOI.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #45
KNOBTAIL
Red face To one and all,

Just to put this as hopefully the last post. Todd and I worked out our difficulties privately. I may have been a bit overzealous in my grievances, and I apologize to Todd for that. It was a misunderstanding and everything was worked out to both of our satisfaction. Todd is a good guy and I anticipate future dealings with him. I will be doing business him now and probably in the future as his Anole business increases. My questioning never pertained to his livestock but rather his methods of operating his business. I am more then satisfied with his explanations and I would not hesitate recommending him for any future sales.. So thanks for the feedback from the other contributors and lets call this as they say in story books.. A happy ending..

Old 01-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #46
David Scarboro
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
Just to put this as hopefully the last post. Todd and I worked out our difficulties privately. I may have been a bit overzealous in my grievances, and I apologize to Todd for that. It was a misunderstanding and everything was worked out to both of our satisfaction. Todd is a good guy and I anticipate future dealings with him. I will be doing business him now and probably in the future as his Anole business increases. My questioning never pertained to his livestock but rather his methods of operating his business. I am more then satisfied with his explanations and I would not hesitate recommending him for any future sales.. So thanks for the feedback from the other contributors and lets call this as they say in story books.. A happy ending..
Jerry, You brought him here. He then acted like an idiot. Some very questionable business practices were brought to light. 3% paypal fees, sales tax, selling animals he doesn't have, representing them with stock photo's. If and when he shows back up, there are questions left unanswered...

Old 01-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #47
KNOBTAIL
Thumbs up Hi David,

to answer your question. I had originally thought that this could have been another scam. That is why I mentioned about his method of operation and not about his animals.. Todd's specialty is in Arachnids and other ground dwelling creepies. From what I understand he has a stellar reputation.

I honestly think he thought he was doing the right thing when he contacted me for payment.. Maybe a bit unorthodox but not with the intent to commit any kind of a misdeed.. After we spoke, a variety of things were resolved. Including his advertising on Kingsnake..

If you go to his latest ad you will see that he clearly states that the photos are only a representation of the animals in question, and that he does not have the Anoles as yet but is taking reservations.. There is no mention of upfront payment.. I am more then satisfied with that as other people also advertise with expected shipments. Todd has earned an excellent reputation in the field he knows best and I can assure you in the Arachnid world his shipments are always above board...

So my conerns are always fraud related and I always attempt to provide warning notices if it really turns out to be scam. Believe me David, that is not the situation here.. JERRY

Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #48
MikeCurtin
Are we all reading the same thread? Perhaps I need to take a nap or have another cup of coffee?

The way I read this thread was that Jerry (if the original e-mails he posted are in cronological order) was rude with the "!!" e-mail, and Todd responded by giving him the option of not doing business. Perhaps the pre-payment invoice was not the way to go, but Jerry could have responded much more proffessionally. The way Todd has conducted himself in this thread was in not brash, rude, or childish, which is more than I can say for some of the other members here. He was the first, and one of the few people here to try and move past this without escalating the situation.

Mr. Dove, your comments were rude and out of character. Although I don't know for certain, the way you perceived this thread indicates you are either a friend or customer of Jerry's, or you're basing this response on other things you've heard.

I have had no prior dealings with either men, but it would seem that Todd did nothing wrong with the possible exception of starting a thread on Jerry.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #49
John E Dove
Mr. Curtin,
Sorry for the confusion.
Actually my last post on this thread was intended to be posted on the thread started by Mr. Gearheart about Mr. Tresser. I had both threads open at the time and replied to the wrong thread. Not that it matters though, I believe that were you to read through the first thread about Mr. Gearheart and the one Mr. Gearheart started you would see that my accusations are not only accurate but well founded and supported by testimony and evidence.
If others would choose to ignore his questionable business practices and bad manners that is their business but I am not the type person to support rude borderline crooks.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #50
MikeCurtin
Mr. Dove,

That post would have been 100% justified in the other thread. After reading it, I can understand what was said and why. I too left him a response in the thread he started that is a polar opposite of this one. Almost like dealing with 2 different people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!