Want to ship reptiles but don't know who to use - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
incuhead2000
Want to ship reptiles but don't know who to use

I was checking out the fed ex website and it says they will only ship animals from business to business. Even though it states that on the fedex website will they ship anyway? I'm trying to start a webpage and a small business selling reptiles and amphibians. I want to ship on a personal level. Any recommendations on who to ship with if this is the case? I've received animals via ups with no trouble but I have had problems with the postal service. Any input would be appreciated thank you!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
hhmoore
It depends on what you want to ship. The rules on what is accepted vary by the carrier. If you want to ship snakes - FedEx is the only one that will let you do it openly (and, thus, legally). Since you likely won't be doing a lot of shipping for a while, you might want to look into Reptster.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
TheVipersHouse
i have found Fed Ex is the best by far other then delta dash

Old 09-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
WebSlave
FedEx does state business to business only, but since most people in this business are home based businesses, either in act or potentially, that will suffice for fullfilling the letter of the contract. Or you can ship to their work address of have the package held at the nearest FedEx depot. That will also stay within the letter of the agreement.

It's no big deal at all.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
FedEx does state business to business only, but since most people in this business are home based businesses, either in act or potentially, that will suffice for fullfilling the letter of the contract. Or you can ship to their work address of have the package held at the nearest FedEx depot. That will also stay within the letter of the agreement.
It's no big deal at all.

Hard to believe but twice now i have run into problems with fedex centers having a cow when my customer showed up to pick up a shipment. Both claimed that you were not allowed to have animals held at the center. I smoothed over things on both occasions but the average Fedex employee doesn't seem to be aware of the terms of the waivers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!