Derek Roberts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-10-2002, 04:36 PM   #1
Darin Chappell
I debated as to whether this post should go under the previous thread that questioned Derek's practices in another deal.  I thought at first that it should because this is a post that is about Derek's practices as that thread was, but I decided to create a new thread because the previous one really began to be about Adam Block more than about Derek Roberts.  If the WebSlave determines this thread needs to be moved under the other, that's fine with me.

I saw an ad on Kingsnake for some hatchling corns for not much money.  This appeared to be a good deal, so I responded to it.  There was no name on the ad itself, and it was not until he responded to my inquiry, that I realized it was Derek Roberts who was offering the snakes for sale.  When I first saw his name on the email, I recalled the thread on him here at the BOI and was gun shy for a minute, but his answers to my initial questions were just right on the money.  

I told him that I was looking to buy clutches at lower prices so as to be able to resell them at our upcoming local show, after having them for a few weeks to assure their eating and health statuss.  For this reason, I was not at all interested in non-feeders and I had no time for them.  Derek assured me that these were ALL feeders, but that if any of them did not eat for me, he would refund me the money I paid for that snake, AND I could keep the snake too!  Now, this is not a lot of money we're talking about here, but it is (as always) the principle of the matter that makes a difference.  Here is a guy that was certain of what he was selling, and was willing to take a loss rather than have a customer upset with him.

Unfortunately, my wife was at the orthodontist with my two daughters at the same time I was talking to Derek, and I found out that I wasn't going to have the immediate cash to send him for the animals, and I know they won't last long at the price he's asking.  I just wanted everyone to know, that Derek, from my limited experience with him, is a stand up guy that backs his animals 100%.  I'm sure I'll be sending him some money on another deal someday!

Old 10-10-2002, 05:05 PM   #2
Adam Block
Good choice starting a new thread, as you can see people have a very hard time keeping on track in this board, it reminds me of my 7 year old.  I'm sure you will be very happy in your dealins with Derek.  He's a great person to work with and a joy to talk to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!