Bad Guy FRAUD ALERT: ERIC IVINS, SOUTH CENTRAL HERPETOLOGICAL - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #31
Magic
Very familiar indeed.

I sincerely hope that this is not another case of good seller gone bad.

I reserve judgement until Eric chooses to respond or ignore this issue. However, that he is reading and has yet to respond to TWO customers is alarming.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #32
Ron Meddings
I too am in the a similar situation. I purchased 5 tortoises from Eric and received nothing but excuses why he did not ship. I finally had to file a dispute with Paypal. I think its time to stop giving Eric the benefit of the doubt.
Ron Meddings]

Old 04-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #33
the gecko geek
Not that my experience with Eric is relevant to the situation, but it is information none the less. He responded to one of my for trade ads and it took over a month to get pictures of the animals we talked about trading. I spent almost all of March trying to get in contact/ get pics of the animals..pics finally did come in the form of an ad here on fauna and then silence. finally there was a chance to complete the deal and then he said he would ship out next week but i could send my animals that week. I did not ship that week and said I would ship out same time as him and to let me know when he was ready. two weeks passed and then another email stating he could ship the next monday, but he had sold the only male he had and I needed a pair..it was a very odd experience. Not that it is of any relevance but the behavior described above was very similar to the experience I had with Eric. In no way shape or form am I judging because there was no transaction between us, but I just wanted to share my experience.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #34
Ron Meddings
I have a posting for BOI of my entire transaction with Eric that I will post after Paypal is through with the dispute. I will give Eric an oportunity (if he wants it) to read it first and discuss its accuracy. I doubt he will respond.
Ron Meddings

Old 04-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #35
Magic
I think I hear a thunderstorm about to roll through on the BOI.

Eric, why aren't you commenting?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:46 AM   #36
misthold
Sadly I had a feeling, Ron thanks.. I do have some postings for the BOI, Not much but happy to at least give initial invoice, payment and my e-mail records.. yeh I know many say it, but I will provide..

I am happy to provide and offer Eric to read and respond to.. so far personal e-mails nothing.. I Had not opened a BOI post yet, I am too also waiting on a pay pal timeline..

Why did I add my experience.. sorry benefit of doubt.. is GOOD,, but hey.. sorry something IS going on..
as the OP posted similar ship issues, delays.. now has specific complaints on failure to honor a charge back.. I am worried that its not a simple communication issue..

Old 04-17-2014, 01:18 AM   #37
misthold
I found the seller on kingsnake, no longer posted.. however.. My initial Invoice I paied after I inquired was sent Mar 15, 2014 and paied on this date..
Same user had add on this forum 16th.. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=463300

Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 AM   #38
LauraB
Eric has used the same photos, year after year ... sales ad after sales ad ... for whatever species he's trying to sell.

How many times over the last few years have I seen that same shot of the pretty blue lizard in the back of that pick-up truck?
(And, yeah ... I apologize to the "blue lizard" folks, but hopefully, you've seen the ads and know of what I speak and will forgive me for not remembering what lizard it actually is.)

That is why, Jordan/ Gecko Geek, you can't get and will not get true, current photos of animals Eric claims to have for sale. Eric does not have them.

And from the turn this thread has taken, it appears he also does not actually have in his possession the animals he has advertised and sold to trusting customers in the recent past.

And he's been here viewing this thread at least twice without responding?

Shameful and very telling. 'Nuff said.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:00 AM   #39
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
The buyer says in the ad that he paid in May 2013. I know zilch about the exporting biz but here Kevin says he could get the export set up by next week.
If Eric is having health issues I wish for him the best and hope all goes well. I am not and would not inquire into the private health issues of another.

Until more proof/details are provided it is difficult to make an assessment of what has transpired. If the buyer did indeed pay for these critters almost a year ago and wants a refund, I think that a refund is appropriate.
The difficult part of exporting is getting the right permits for the right animals -- WWPS has their system already in place since they are primarily exporters and their large bulk of exports are turtles. I have no doubt they could get a shipment out by next week, and most of that time would be getting the torts from Eric to Kevin. WWPS is a good, reputable exporter who has helped resolve some other shipping situations before. They'd be ideal for the job if Eric would give the OK.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:09 AM   #40
steven1969s
I placed an order for 1 male Indian Star tortoise $400 plus $50 shipping the first week of April. I never got my tortoise, he doesn't return my phone calls or emails.
I contacted paypal and they are going to refund me my money and according to paypal they are no longer doing business with him do to numerous complaints.

Steve

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!