Bad Guy FRAUD ALERT: ERIC IVINS, SOUTH CENTRAL HERPETOLOGICAL - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #41
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by opeters View Post
The next step now is clearly legal action.
I'd hurry it up just in case there is a bankruptcy filing in the horizon. Not saying there is, but with more people coming forward with tales of critters not sent, if it were me I'd get started sooner rather than later trying to retrieve funds.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #42
steven1969s
I'm not worried about the money. I use pay pal all the time and they always cover any transactions that go wrong. Like this one

This guy Eric claims to be sick with a pinch nerve on his neck. Funny thing is that this didn't stop him from taking my money....

Old 04-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #43
misthold
As a Update, I have received a e-mail from SCH today... The did state they do have the animals and can ship.. long story short version, the nuts and bolts are, Current concerns on their end,, not shipping.. They have worries that if they ship before the case is closed, I could still dispute and they would be out the animals and the payment.. So understandably don't want to ship before the case is resolved,, Sadly I too have concerns that if I now close the dispute, I do not have any other options to retrieve my money if indeed they don't..
We have a breakdown in communication, breakdown in trust and even expectations really only offers a stalemate..

The only solution that does not involve risk or a leap of faith is a refund. as such I have asked for at this time.. and I will update as things change..

Old 04-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #44
yeloowtang
Amanda,

I think at this point, you have done your share of trust and risk taking.
they have failed on their end, They should send the animals and they should now take the risk and trust you.. if you recieve the animals before the dispute ends, you can close it at that point. if not !! sending him $$ back is easy... let's see how they like being in the dark and take risk..

i"ve seen this happen on other forums, where once the trust is gone, the only way people will do business with someone and bad dealings is if things are shipped out first... one need to rebuild is reputation... not an easy thing to do.

in this case, i would certainly not close the dispute.. if yoy get the refund then find a more reliable seller. if they want your business then they should step up to the plate and ship them out... your word is worth more than theirs.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #45
aSnakeLovinBabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by misthold View Post
As a Update, I have received a e-mail from SCH today... The did state they do have the animals and can ship.. long story short version, the nuts and bolts are, Current concerns on their end,, not shipping.. They have worries that if they ship before the case is closed, I could still dispute and they would be out the animals and the payment.. So understandably don't want to ship before the case is resolved,, Sadly I too have concerns that if I now close the dispute, I do not have any other options to retrieve my money if indeed they don't..
We have a breakdown in communication, breakdown in trust and even expectations really only offers a stalemate..

The only solution that does not involve risk or a leap of faith is a refund. as such I have asked for at this time.. and I will update as things change..
Good move. I have seen that go bad more than once.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #46
the gecko geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Eric has used the same photos, year after year ... sales ad after sales ad ... for whatever species he's trying to sell.

How many times over the last few years have I seen that same shot of the pretty blue lizard in the back of that pick-up truck?
(And, yeah ... I apologize to the "blue lizard" folks, but hopefully, you've seen the ads and know of what I speak and will forgive me for not remembering what lizard it actually is.)

That is why, Jordan/ Gecko Geek, you can't get and will not get true, current photos of animals Eric claims to have for sale. Eric does not have them.

That makes perfect sense as to why it took him 3 weeks to get pictures of the animals, always using the " I'm busy" excuse..I know what it's like to be busy, I own my own business as well and work 12-14 hour days 5 days straight so i'm not a stranger to being busy, but even I have time to take a couple pictures and email them off for someone who wants to give me money

In my time here on this forum I have seen many BOI threads, this one seems all to familiar..I hope all of you get your money back or animals, and that this is truly just a severe misunderstanding..

Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #47
SoCalAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gecko geek View Post
That makes perfect sense as to why it took him 3 weeks to get pictures of the animals, always using the " I'm busy" excuse..I know what it's like to be busy, I own my own business as well and work 12-14 hour days 5 days straight so i'm not a stranger to being busy, but even I have time to take a couple pictures and email them off for someone who wants to give me money
I agree. The reason I'm busy is because I'm constantly doing things I need to do. If you tell people you are "too busy" to do it all the time, then you shouldn't really be that busy. Maybe it was "I'm busy...getting caught up on The Bachelor"

Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #48
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Eric has used the same photos, year after year ... sales ad after sales ad ... for whatever species he's trying to sell.

How many times over the last few years have I seen that same shot of the pretty blue lizard in the back of that pick-up truck?
(And, yeah ... I apologize to the "blue lizard" folks, but hopefully, you've seen the ads and know of what I speak and will forgive me for not remembering what lizard it actually is.)

That is why, Jordan/ Gecko Geek, you can't get and will not get true, current photos of animals Eric claims to have for sale. Eric does not have them.

And from the turn this thread has taken, it appears he also does not actually have in his possession the animals he has advertised and sold to trusting customers in the recent past.

And he's been here viewing this thread at least twice without responding?

Shameful and very telling. 'Nuff said.
Are we sure of the underlined part?

I have asked for photos before of animals listed for something like $800 when I was ready to immediately buy if I liked what photos would show, but was met with a response that there would be no individual photos provided at the time.

I simply assumed at the time that he was more interested in keeping the animals than getting paid for them (or maybe the tortoises were afraid he would steal their souls).

Old 04-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #49
the gecko geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Are we sure of the underlined part?

I have asked for photos before of animals listed for something like $800 when I was ready to immediately buy if I liked what photos would show, but was met with a response that there would be no individual photos provided at the time.

I simply assumed at the time that he was more interested in keeping the animals than getting paid for them (or maybe the tortoises were afraid he would steal their souls).

That very well could be the case, but when I asked for specific genders and if he could point out which animals where which I was met with the response of they all have color swings and don't always look like they do in the pics. Which is fine and accurate to some degree, but I still wanted to know which animals were which as some had regen tails and I tend to stay away from those...not that there is anything wrong with that but I just like the original tails..
typically though in the reptile world if you have pics up you are selling those animals..if the animal you receive is not the animal pictured most people tend to get irritated by that..otherwise there would be no need to put a button on this forum to upload pics. we would just state the common and scientific name of the animals and people could google what the animal looks like..but in this hobby people tend to look for the eye grabbing or abnormal looking animals..If you have a picture of an albino ball python in an ad for sale but are selling normal ball pythons the buyer is going to be very upset..

Old 04-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #50
nickolasanastasiou
I feel like my sarcasm went undetected.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!