Inquiry BRANDON RICHTER - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #31
LauraB
Got to agree, that is the wickedest Sunglow I've seen in ages. She's stunning ... and what a rip for Scott.

That said, Brandon had that girl up for sale March 7th. The ad that April linked on page 1 of this thread is from this month and clearly shows "SOLD!".

Brandon, you sure about that "partner" disagreement? Wouldn't you have consulted your "partner" before advertising her for sale back in March?
And then advertising her sale again twice this month? Who's your "partner"?
Why would you mark your ad "sold" instead of just removing it if you changed your mind about selling her?

And on top of it, to charge Scott YOUR PayPal fee and expect payment as "gift" and then attempt the very old bait & switch?

Wow. That's just bad business and questionable ethics, regardless of the refund.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2014, 11:13 PM   #32
RichsBallPythons
Ehh, Now if this was a shipping issue where seller had the money and snake, and buyer demanded shipment in bad weather, everyone would be all over him for doing so especially if snake arrived dead. Saying how he should of had better judgement and not shipped in so and so weather.

No different then having a deposit on a snake not paid in full and can cancel and his discretion anytime he wants even if paid in full. Anyone ever read a real contract, where in fine print stating TOS can change without notice at any given time.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #33
laterob
I'm thinking he got a better deal and has no partner. I'd like to hear his side. Brandon, what say you?

Old 04-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #34
LauraB
Quote:
I'm thinking he got a better deal and has no partner.
Agreed. Seller's been advertising for over a month lowering her price. If he had a partner, the partner should have been consulted way before now.
Quote:
No different then having a deposit on a snake not paid in full and can cancel and his discretion anytime he wants even if paid in full. Anyone ever read a real contract, where in fine print stating TOS can change without notice at any given time.
Point taken. However, we don't know the seller's TOS. What is the purpose of Terms of Service if a seller/vendor can change them mid-sale? Do we know if the buyer violated any TOS?

We've also seen & made the same arguments against sellers/vendors who have changed their TOS at their websites/FB pages/wherever/ online when a legitimately documented negative or unethical sale/transaction took place and reflected poorly upon them, the seller, and then came to light here.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #35
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Agreed. Seller's been advertising for over a month lowering her price. If he had a partner, the partner should have been consulted way before now.

Point taken. However, we don't know the seller's TOS. What is the purpose of Terms of Service if a seller/vendor can change them mid-sale? Do we know if the buyer violated any TOS?

We've also seen & made the same arguments against sellers/vendors who have changed their TOS at their websites/FB pages/wherever/ online when a legitimately documented negative or unethical sale/transaction took place and reflected poorly upon them, the seller, and then came to light here.
It happens all the time, but no one was scammed, money returned done deal.

Ive seconded guessed sales as well and returned the money no issues. Why people get so upset and butt-hurt over a deal is beyond me when they got the money back.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #36
laterob
Who hasn't accepted a deal and then had a better offer come in? Seems like it happens to me a lot. Maybe I should cheat PayPal and renege on my customers to get ahead .

I agree there was no scam, but this was handled poorly and brought to light what I consider valid concerns. Therefore, I'm glad it's been posted.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #37
JCCS
Rich, he didn't get what he was promised, though. You would have been happy if you found a stellar example of an animal you wanted, gave someone money to seal the deal, and then were told that it wasn't going to happen. With selective breeding in boas, people will search for years for the right snake, and to have it ripped out from under you like this is not cool. If he didn't want to sell the snake, he shouldn't have posted it for sale and he sure as heck shouldn't have taken money for it. He wasted the buyer's time.

I also think there could have been a more devious reason for this. I think he was trying to pull a real live bait and switch with his other sunglows. In psychological thinking, this guy had already committed to buy something, so he was in the door. Using this female to sell his inferior stock would be really scummy.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #38
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
It happens all the time, but no one was scammed, money returned done deal.

Ive seconded guessed sales as well and returned the money no issues. Why people get so upset and butt-hurt over a deal is beyond me when they got the money back.
That is a simple phenomenon common to most transactions.

If I am a seller and I am selling a baby leopard tortoise for $100, I personally value, and therefore would prefer to have, the $100 some degree greater than the tortoise.

If I am a seller and I am buying a baby leopard tortoise for $100, I personally value, and therefore would prefer to have, the tortoise some degree greater than the $100.

Buyers and sellers assign a personal value that means that what they give up in a transaction is worth something less than what they get (or what they get is worth more than what they give) in a mutually agreeable complement of perspectives (where they both feel like they are "winning" and the transaction is therefore mutually agreeable). There would otherwise be a stalemate of non-transfer because there would not be a value-driven emphasis to make an exchange. There are exceptions to this, but that is, as I first mentioned, a common phenomenon.

The market value, on the other hand, is what at least one customer is willing to pay for one unit of product. This has some emotional drivers, too, but is less sentimentally driven over the larger volume of transactions.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #39
nickolasanastasiou
To bring that post full-circle, that is one reason why just getting the money back is not preferred to getting the animal paid for. Also, as has been mentioned in a couple posts by different folks, the opportunity cost can really be unpleasant if seeking a keystone breeder, as it may cause you to miss out not only on the deal you had, but the deal you may have passed up to make the deal you had (and now no longer have due to no fault of your own).

Old 04-19-2014, 12:48 AM   #40
LauraB
Quote:
Why people get so upset and butt-hurt over a deal is beyond me when they got the money back.
I don't think anyone is "butt-hurt", but I do think the OP has a valid complaint. The snake was advertised for sale for over a month, time enough for "partner" consultation and seller's remorse.

I will give Brandon credit for refunding Scott, so there was no scam or theft by Brandon.

Why post the snake for a month, even lowering her price (her personal value/sentiment seemingly decreasing), accepting a deposit then telling the customer the "partner" disagrees with selling, and then marking the ad as sold instead of just deleting the ad?

It's about ethics and not just a refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!