RICK LEVEROCK.... CONMAN...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Denise29
RICK LEVEROCK.... CONMAN......

This is to advise other people to beware of TB Exotics http://www.tbexotics.co.uk/ owned by Rick Leverock.

This is my account of what has transpired, altho there are many other people he has also scammed/stole/lied to involved in a shipment to the UK.
If they wish to add to this thread with thier account, that is thier choice. I have blocked out names of others involved, if they wish themselves to be known that is thier choice also.

Mr Leverock has a Website and was advertising to ship animals to the UK through a sales rep in England. I have previously bought animals from the US without any problems from different reps and breeders.
I agreed an amount for a Snow Kenyan Sand Boa, with Leverock, in May 07, the animal was required as part of my breeding programme.
I paid the agreed amount of £175.00 ($350) via my credit card thru paypal, to his partner/wife Donna Leverocks paypal account, with a balance for VAT payable on the animals arrival in the UK, again in May 07.
Mr Leverock agreed in writing to send a picture each month of my animal, along withfeeding records (I only ever got 2 pics in 10mths, 1 when purchased, and one sent under duress some 6mths later)
In order to ship from the US you need to apply for Cities paperwork from Fish & Wildlife Service in the US, this unfortunately can take a number of months to clear. The paperwork cleared the U.S. 31.1.08 and TB Exotics were to ship to the Shipping agent, Mr *******, in the US.
The shipping agent has tried on numerous occasions to contact Mr Leverock to arrange shipping, but Mr Leverock never replies to either emails or his telephone number given at the time of the order.

The one time I managed to speak to Leverock, in his chatroom, he offered to refund my money .... this has never materialized.
I have tried on numerous occasions since the above event, and prior to the offer of refund, to contact Mr Leverock, via phone and email, but have received no reply at all.

Mr Leverock appears to have numerous email address`s, as other parties involved in this shipment have had occasional long rambling style emails from him, always with a newly created email address, and a new excuse as to why he hasnt contacted, shipped or refunded money.

Until posting this here I had been civil and polite to Mr Leverock at all times, altho contact was very limited.

All I can say is STEER WIDE AND CLEAR of Rick Leverock, he is a petty thief, liar and conman....

Denise Milligan UK

Old 03-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
snake5007
Hiya Denise. Have you informed of this thread? Usually it elicits a response when the people involved find that they have a BOI thread about them.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake5007
Hiya Denise. Have you informed *Rick* of this thread? Usually it elicits a response when the people involved find that they have a BOI thread about them.
Oops.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
snake5007
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=Rick+Leverock

This is another thread about him.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Ballroom
Is there any way you know of to get in touch with Rick. I also agree that him seeing this thread would be important.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
CaseyM
As another customer and the organiser of this shipment i can confirm Denise's statements and would also like to add something...

The total amount of money Rick Leverock has STOLEN from the customers of this shipment is $6040.

He has not refunded a penny of this money, organised sending any animal to the exporter or contacted any of us with a damn good reason as to why hes been unable to do so.

Rick Leverock is nothing but a liar and a scammer. Not the sort of person we want or need in this hobby.

And one comment to Rick himself as i know well that he'll be following this thread....

Rick, we're only in the UK, you are seriously mistaken if you are under the belief we cant do anything about this apart from start a thread on here.....

Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #7
Denise29
To answer the first questions ... I contacted Rick via email and left a message in his chatroom prior to posting the thread.

Rick contacted me and I spoke to him very late last nite in his chatroom.... He has stated he will refund myself and another member of the shipment by 20.3.08, by way of resolving the matter.
I will update the board once a resolution has been reached.

Denise Milligan UK

Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #8
CaseyM
Did he mention anything about refunding the other $5500 hes stolen?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #9
Ballroom
I sincerely hope fr all concerned that Rick If your reading this you do the right thing. I am sure that all parties will be happy to inform the reptile community on here publically if you do. I see you have a very nice web site and chat rooms etc it would be ashamed for all that you and your friends have built there and all of the hard work and effort you have put into it to be ruined by a small Bad transaction like this.
I for one and hoping to see a good resolution to this matter.. but hiding from it certainly does no one any good as I am sure this is not going away any time soon Casey and Denise have obvious intentions to keep this going as I believe they are entitled to until some sort of agreement has been made.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #10
Athravan
In May 07 I paid £500 ($1000) direct to Rick via paypal for a CB06 Female Woma Python via this same shipment. I was expecting the animal in the summer of 07.

Despite emailing Rick, since the payment I have had no response, at any point. He has my contact email, telephone number and address. I have had no photos, no updates, and no explanation.

I am a reasonable person, but this is a long time to wait, and absolutely no attempt by Rick at contacting me.

I have copies of credit card statements, paypal receipt, and copies of the emails sent to his address with my contact details and questions.

I think that it should also be noted that the duration of time that has passed since the money has paid, people could have easily found their animals elsewhere, and that obviously, as time passes, the money could have earned interest (and has earned this gentleman interest no doubt).

Christy Whatley @ Reptile Cymru, UK.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!