Inquiry David Freeman Carolina Classic Dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
yourbeat
David Freeman Carolina Classic Dragons

i have a question regarding a deal that me and David had just completed. Last week dave sent me a message regarding two adult female dragons that i had posted on fauna. Dave and I had come to an agreement for 800$ shipped for both females that i had posted.
female #1 was a visual hypo trans dachiu female
female #2 was a visual trans poss. het hypo female

now last week i was supposed to ship these dragons to dave, but i had an insane week at work due to someone quitting out of the blue. i kept in frequent contact with dave the best i could with PM's and Emails although after a day or 2 he went from normal to a little pushy about the situation. after 2 days of me not being able to get the dragons out, which i never promised i could because of work but i told him i was doing the best that i could, he threw a fit and said his patience was up and demanded his money back. so i responded by telling him i was very sorry for the delay but there was no need to get so hasty after a day or 2 of me not being able to ship. i kept in contact with him everyday when i could. i work long over night shifts to begin with, but then having to cover this new shift because of the guy quitting it was even worse with my sleep schedule and work schedule.

so i then told david that 150% guarantee they would be going out on Monday which was the 17th (yesterday) for a delivery date of the 18th (today). so yesterday i took my dragons over to a friends house who is Tom from TND dragons because he said he had boxes and everything i would need to ship these animals out. so i get to toms and we soak the females in a warm bath, dry them off, and package them up, print the label and i go on my way.

here is where my Problem is with this situation. These female dragons were packaged together in a 16x12x9 box, both girls in snake bags (which david criticized saying i shouldn't use snake bags) both were alive healthy and ful of life when they went into the box one snake bag was tied up and the other one was secured by a zip tie. the box was filed with news papers to secure the animals, with 1 heat pack taped to the top (again which david said was unnecessary) it was in the low 40's last night when i shipped them out.

Today i wake up to find a text from Tom at TND saying contact dave because one of the females died. so after the shock of that i get online, check my fauna inbox, and my Email...and there was nothing from dave what so ever. so i thought it was a little weird i was finding out from Tom and not Dave.

a little time goes by and all the sudden an email pops up in my inbox. at this time it is now after 12pm...the dragons were signed for at 10 am. now after exchanging a email or 2 with dave we then talked on the phone. he tells me when he opened the box she was lying dead on top and that she seemed like she had just died shortly before he opened the box. his next statement was that he (dave) ran her under cold water to try and revive her...? now this could be me but if you take a warm animal who was in a box with a heat pack, and even if she was alive but not very responsive and run a cold blooded animal under cold water, the shock alone in that could kill the dragon. so he sent me a picture 2 hours after he finds this dead dragon, runs her under cold water, and then places her back on top of the news paper inside the box as if it was the second he opened the box. this all seems way to shady for me and isn't sitting very well with me. if he knew the dragon was dead when he opened the box then why would you take her out run her under cold water then place her back on top of the box to make it look as if he took it before he ran her under cold water???? wouldn't this void most peoples live arrival guarantee? wouldn't other people be weary of why you went through all of that before the buyer contacts the seller about a DOA? it all makes little sense to me especially running a cold blooded dragon under cold water to revive it, when it would only cause shock.

so here is where my question comes in, Dave has been in the business long enough to Know about situations like this.
1) why would you contact Tom about animals that you knew were mine.
2) why would it take you over 2 hours to contact me in an email to tell me about my animal being a DOA.
3) why run it under cold water to try and "revive it"
4) why stage the picture of the dead animal and try to make it seem like the original position when you just told me you ran it under cold water first?

Im not really sure what to do about this because i know if it was me, and 99% of other people in the world, if i spent 800$ on animals you can bank on it that if i open the box to a dead dragon, with in seconds i would be emailing the seller to let him know.

2 full hours is ample time for things to happen to a dragon, whether it be an accident or on purpose. in the picture there is no sign of any marks or damage to the dragon what so ever, she is in full color fat and laying there. he only sent me 1 picture, but he himself said she had no signs of injury or anything. now how would 2 100% healthy animals in the same box same exact packaging make it to the same place but one be dead? its just a little mind boggling to me.

so here is the advice im looking for, how would you go about this situation? If you sent someone 2 animals but he waited over 2 hours after arrival to let you know that one was a DOA.
Dave demanded i give him a 400$ refund by this afternoon for this animal, who was the cheaper of the 2 dragons he bought. asking for 50% of the money back for the cheaper of the 2 dragons seemed a little harsh to me. so what im saying is can everyone put in there opinion about how to go about a situation like this, because im very weary of why someone like him with his experience would wait over 2 hours to let me know about a DOA.

Thank you,
Anthony Prosper