Requirements for Rehoming Baby Dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
Matt2979
Requirements for Rehoming Baby Dragons

I'm just trying to figure out the safest size to sell, and especially to ship, baby dragons. I've heard 6 inches and 6 weeks. Well, I've got a dragon (first 2 pics) that is already 6 1/2 inches (tip of nose to tip of tail), BUT it's less than 4 weeks old!! He/She (too young for me to even bother checking) is the biggest of the clutch, but isn't 4 weeks too young to ship? If shipping is not involved, is there a different "safe size/age"?

Just to show the difference in size, 3rd pic is the same (biggest of the clutch) dragon next to one that's average of the rest of the clutch (about 5 inches, but much smaller overall). These guys started leaving their eggs, 4 weeks ago tomorrow (6/10/11). A couple, including the biggest, have already shed. The hypo next to it (3rd pic) is dull, and it's mouth is starting to peel. Should be gorgeous by the weekend!
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
frillielover17
Along with the 6 weeks and 6 inches rule I also try to observe how well they get around, how well they can hunt and things of that sort. If they are what I would consider a well established baby I would be ok with shipping or re homing. To be extra safe I would probably wait for 5 or 6 weeks anyway

Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by frillielover17 View Post
Along with the 6 weeks and 6 inches rule I also try to observe how well they get around, how well they can hunt and things of that sort. If they are what I would consider a well established baby I would be ok with shipping or re homing. To be extra safe I would probably wait for 5 or 6 weeks anyway
Thanks Candice! I started to list the two biggest dragons yesterday, but then decided that it was probably too early, still. I've got lots of experience with selling/shipping baby balls and boas, but none yet with beardies, and I want to make sure that I do it right. I would really hate to cause one of these little cuties to not make it!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!