group memberships broke? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
SMpoint
Question group memberships broke?

Hi, even though I set a group membership in my profile, it is reflected that I am not a member of any public groups. Is there something I am missing? Like a post regarding this? Thanks

Old 03-24-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
WebSlave
Beats me. That is one of the features of vBulletin that I have just never looked into. You probably know more about it then I do!

Old 03-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
SMpoint
So, since my account is not in a group per my control panel, the Option C - Contributor Level Membership group, does that mean I cannot use the coin icon or any of the features with that account type?

Old 03-24-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
WebSlave
When you pay for that membership, you are automatically set up within that user group and all options are available to you. The reason your coin medallion isn't showing up is because you need to have at least 10 posts on this site before any of the user related graphics images will show up in your profile.

There is a capability within vBulletin to set up special user groups with specific permissions that are publicly joinable, but so far I haven't seen any reason to implement something like that here.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:44 PM   #5
SMpoint
Got it, thanks. That is what I was looking for. I thought it was like phpbb where admin created groups are then assigned members upon sign-up and can be moderated.

Now that you said about the number of posts equaling image visibility, it all makes sense. Never used vbulletin....guess it is the cost factor vs phpbb.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:37 AM   #6
WebSlave
Yeah, I have used phpbb, and in my opinion, vBulletin is WELL WORTH the money for a license. I have four licenses, one of which is currently unused until I can think of something to use it for.

Thanks.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:48 PM   #7
SMpoint
Really? I like phpbb because it is completely flexible to what I really need. Not to take up your time, but what do you like about vbulletin better? Do the licenses allow for code modification? I ask because I have completely changed my phpbb and incorporated the DB seemlessly into my site so all auth is passed throughout the site with modified headers and footers to also mimic look/feel of my main site. Does vbulletin allow for this? If so, might be worth looking into.

Old 03-26-2005, 07:41 PM   #8
WebSlave
Heck, all you need to do is to look at this site and compare it with a plain vanilla vBulletin installation. This site is HEAVILY modified. There is a HUGE group of people making up mods and hacks for vBulletin. Check out http://www.vbulletin.org for some idea of the hacking community around vBulletin.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!