What feeders do you breed? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
sarabellum
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
\1 they are interesting to keep and 2 the breed at a much higher rate than dubia when setup correctly.
very true. I had some a while back and they grew VERY quickly. I just hated that somehow I'd always find them in my garage. I had them in a tank with a screen lid that i had put saran wrap over all of it but a small corner for some air and not even the tiniest roach could get through the holes. I sold them off and even now I find GIANT ones outside in my garage where I kept them. They're scary lol

Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #22
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabellum View Post
very true. I had some a while back and they grew VERY quickly. I just hated that somehow I'd always find them in my garage. I had them in a tank with a screen lid that i had put saran wrap over all of it but a small corner for some air and not even the tiniest roach could get through the holes. I sold them off and even now I find GIANT ones outside in my garage where I kept them. They're scary lol
I doubt I will have any escapees. They have to get past 8 inches of vaseline, a locking lid, and the ton of roach traps in my reptile room

Old 04-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #23
sarabellum
hahaha, yeah Kelsi used the vaseline stuff too. She sold them to me in the first place because her big male beardie was scared of them and then when he finally ate them he had trouble with them and she was worried he wasn't digesting them properly. none of my guys will even look at them though its weird.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #24
spyder79
well yeah the adults are too big and their hood is far too thick for a dragon. Its the babies I want them for lol.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #25
ace9916
I read that they only have babies every 60 days. And only 30 at a time.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #26
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
I read that they only have babies every 60 days. And only 30 at a time.
its way more than 30 at a time. I watched a female lay her clutch day before yesterday and I counted it 3 separate times, there were 75 babies in that one egg sac.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #27
ace9916
Well if Its that many then yes its worth the wait of 60 days. Now I'm starting to consider starting a hissing roaches colony I wonder how my girl friend would like that idea.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #28
westcoastdragons
Quote:
Im not sure as of yet. My adults will continue to be fed supers and dubia. I purchased these cause 1 they are interesting to keep and 2 the breed at a much higher rate than dubia when setup correctly so i plan to feed the nymphs to my hatchlings. The adults ca live for 5 years or more and produce the entire time so feeding them off is a waiste.
Hissers are really not a good option for bearded dragons primarily due to their extremely sharp “claws” that will grab a hold of everything including esophagus tissue! The nymphs can be used but being that they are expert climbers, you’re likely to have them start showing up where you would least expect to. Unless of course you were going to feed each one by hand.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #29
dragonluver83
Quote:
I doubt I will have any escapees. They have to get past 8 inches of vaseline, a locking lid, and the ton of roach traps in my reptile room
Hey Brian heads up on the vasoline when the container gets hot it will crack an slide down the sides of the plastic bin.

I believe most use that thick packing tape or a tape that is slippery on one side. i.e. the opposite of painter tape. Thats what i use and it seems to work. I switched about 6 months ago. i got tired of scraping up the Vaseline and re applying it to the walls of the bin.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!