Dan Scolaro bad guy. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #81
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Dennis:

This was the father's letter to threaten and intimidate to extort money for something he was not entitled to.

Dear Dan;
My name is Matt Cauthorn and I have been involved with working with various animals since I was a young boy, I am now 47 years old and have done quite well for myself in Realestate development.
To cut to the chase I have read all of the back and forth e-mails between you and my son luc, I have always warned him to check the persons background before making any agreements with anyone, with you Sir he didn't and now he is paying for it and it has been a good lesson for him.
I got out of this buisness for just this reason, I can remember talking to Applegate, ernie wagner, bob clarke, terry vandeventer and others when we started to see so many scam artists and we where all very bummed because it was something we all loved to do, but it just became a real constant anger we would experience at times, Hell Bob had most of his collection stolen, ron tremper likewise has suffered.
This is what you need to know; We are in the process of contacting the other people that have complained against you and I am taking care of the attorney fees which will be part of the judgement so I will recoup those at some point.
Do you understand at all what you have done? or are you amoral and without any sense of right and wrong.
I am going to give you 7 days from today so Dan that would be the 11th this will give you time to take all of your e-mails to your Attorney, after you are told that you would be smart to keep your obligations at that point I want full payment for the animal that came in unsavable and died the next day because YOU sent them to the wrong place and they just sat there.
I would encourage you to seek counsel but that is up to you.
But know this I have already contacted my Attorney and spent 60.00 which I am willing to forgive that if you play nice,than you can move on otherwise you will receive from me whatever it takes to get a Judgment against you and believe this at your own peril; my pockets are much deeper than yours.
Warmest Personnal regards,
Matt Cauthorn
The attorneys Phone # that will be handling the case Donald A Loomis (541)344-8333
I read it twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I can see that it was a direct threat of a lawsuit but I don't see where he/they threaten to or eluded to, stealing your collection.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #82
Dennis Hultman
Although, I guess one could view that a lawsuit, if frivolous, is attempt to steal funds. The way the original post was written I thought it was a physical act of robbery of your collection that was being threatened.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #83
Dan Scolaro
Thanks, but see it differently.

His angry email made reference and alluded to robbery and the condescending tone could easily be interpreted as such that my collection was in concern if I did not bow down to his wacky demands which were by the way obviously stated in the same letter. For what other reason would he mention it except to try to make me think/convey that my fine collection could be next without directly stating the such.

Regardless of how it made be viewed by others, that is how I interpreted it despite how skillfully he might have placed it in the letter without putting himself at severe risk of committing such a threat and others here easily read between the lines to see it as a potential threat.

Again, I tried to do the right thing but could not do it at the pace and terms they demanded and won't be swayed by threats.

Dan

Old 04-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #84
ravensgait
Dan, I'd of refunded his money before he went to visit wacville. Considering the circumstance behind the deal the shipping problems etc. As soon as he started being a pest and wanting an 06 ETC I'd have said enough's enough and sent him a refund.

You can stand on your principles all day long and yeah this thread shows Luc as being a pain in the ass pest but this thread sure doesn't do you any good either. Now you have waited and find yourself in this position IE dammed if you do Dammed if you don't.

Luc, if nothing else you've gotten what you deserve, grow up and stop acting like such a pansy as baby. If you had acted like a reasonable human being this thread likely wouldn't have been needed. I mean come on the guy told you he'd get you one this summer ! what did you expect him to do crap one for you?

Now try this, I asked you questions in a couple of post, go back and read them. Without injecting anymore of your nonsense type direct answers to those question ! don't add more than I asked you, just simple honest answers. Try that before any and all support you might have had goes away. Randy

Old 04-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #85
KingBowser
"believe this at your own peril; my pockets are much deeper than yours.".

I sicerely hope a 47 year old man didn't end a "professional" letter with this closing statement. Can we say insecure?

Old 04-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #86
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBowser
Can we say insecure?
Insecurity on one side, paranoia on the other (Dan I'm pretty sure he was referring to you as someone who would damage/destroy/harm/scam someone else and that people like you were the reason he got out of the hobby, not the other way around)... this is only going to escalate.

Refund the money and bring this drama to an end.

Or, call his lawyer and let's find out how far both parties are going to take this...

Old 04-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #87
ravensgait
"believe this at your own peril; my pockets are much deeper than yours.".

Translation-- -- I don't have 2 quarters to rub together but can talk Chit with the best of them. Randy

Old 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #88
Chameleon Company
Perhaps Randy, but on the other hand the last thing you want is to be sued by someone who can afford it and is passionate in their quest. Any lawyer will tell you that, and someone who can afford to sue you will often lay down very blunt warnings first, as they'd just as soon save everybody money too. Its all about being pragmatic.

Dan, there's a forest, and then there's trees. Penny wise and pound foolish ? I could go on, but it would only add to the drivel. Good luck getting this one behind you.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #89
Dan Scolaro
Well I would pay for a photo of his attorney's face expression when he explains to him that I offered a 5th free skink which was well above and beyond the terms of purchase. It might even be worth framing.

Dan

Old 04-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #90
Chameleon Company
Dan,
If you walk into an attorney's office, any reasonable attorney who is not an over-the-hill drunk taking gutter cases is going to tell you to send the kid some money. Especially if you walk in with a Complaint filed by someone local representing the kid's Dad. Its no-brainer. A serious no-brainer. No-frills attached no-brainer.
I don't mean to ding you, but your case for being threatened with theft is not even comical. Its weaker than mule piss. Like take two steps back. Dennis' assessment was very honest.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!