Favorite Arboreal Poll... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Arboreal???
Green Tree Pythons 104 38.10%
Emerald Tree Boas 61 22.34%
Amazon Tree Boas 41 15.02%
Madagascar Tree Boas 7 2.56%
Carpet Pythons(Jungles, Irian Jayas, etc.) 44 16.12%
Amethystine Pythons 5 1.83%
Boelen's Pythons 10 3.66%
Annulated Tree Boas 1 0.37%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2003, 01:46 PM   #1
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Favorite Arboreal Poll...

Yes, this one might raise some hostilities, but it's all in fun and intended to get people looking and participating in here more.

So let's vote shall we? This is a list of arboreal and semi-arboreal boids and just for fun would like to see what people choose as their favorite(and YES, you can only choose ONE). However, if there are some not listed, please feel free to comment and make some honorable mentions.

So let's have some fun

And by the way, YES I voted Chondro. lol

Old 01-13-2003, 09:36 PM   #2
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
How about some comments on WHY you chose those as your favorite snakes as well as the votes?

I'll start...

Why chondros? Well, it's been a very long time since an animal has simply captivated my interest like my chondros do. I spend hours and hours watching a green snake sit still. lol I think the personalities to be just awesome, as well as their generally inquisitive nature. And mainly the variability along with those killer color changes. It's the coolest thing watching those red and yellow babies turning shades of green, yellow, and blue

Old 02-03-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
chondrogal
Not hard to guess which one got my vote

I have recently returned to herp keeping after nearly 20 years of abstinence. I told myself years ago that I would only keep snakes again if it was a ETB or GTP.

I've kept normal phase retics, burmese, balls, and redtail boas (unknown locale) in addition to wc local species of kingsnakes, gophers. As an animal services officer I had the pleasure of relocating 100's of local rattlers to areas that weren't quite as heavily populated by humans.

I love keeping my GTPs and am fascinated by nearly everything about them. Their innate beauty, the wide variety of color possibilities, the way they live their lives on display just begging to be observed. I only have two currently.... have a feeling that will change as opportunities arise..... but have found them both to be quite easy keepers contrary to my initial fear.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #4
cyberfrog
I love my Amazons, the intelligence, the colors, the personality. Each one is completely unique, they just amaze me.

Old 04-05-2004, 03:58 PM   #5
adam2373
Hands down would have to be the Emerald Tree Boa

Old 04-22-2004, 02:49 PM   #6
arboreals
Thumbs up I don't know

Kind of Sad that I'm the only one to vote for boelens pythons. I guess that's because of their price people can't afford them "neither can I LOL". Although I will be picking up a pair after saving for a real long time next year sometime. I've kept a million green tree pythons and also love them to death but they don't come close to the exotic and rare boelens python. Kind of sad what imports have done to the prices of chondros. Now even those who truly c.b. these guys are haven't a hard time selling them. Hell you can get c.h. imports for $225 that's only $15 over wholesale prices in Singles. I've kept alot of imports with no problems but there are just WAY to many imports comming in.

John

Old 04-30-2004, 01:56 PM   #7
snappersnak
Question

Is an Argentine Boa considered a amazon? also why are more arboreal snakes snappy? My daughters argentine when most people walk by or stop to admire hisses at us full mouth open. My daughter can just put her hand in there and grab him, he is awesome when he comes out but the intimidation is there. is this common?

Old 05-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #8
Karen Clark
ETBs all the way and this is why.

Didn't even realize there was an arboreal forum here until just today.

Karen Clark

Old 05-16-2004, 03:52 PM   #9
Irwin
My favorite arboreal is definately an amazon tree boa, their intelligence is just amazing. You can watch them for hours and not be bored.

Steven K. Ray

Old 06-23-2004, 12:45 AM   #10
Gex the Gecko
ETB with out a doubt.

I hopefully will be coming into a pair of them soon and will be atempting to breed next year. I've always thought they were dope. Since i was a kid and didnt know what it was i thought the way they sat on the tree branch was cool in a weird way. Any body ever look at the snake while its sittin there, like i mean in its eyes? Ive only seen pics and it looks kind of hyponotic in a creepy way. or maybe its all the acid i did years back.... either way there amazing and i cant wait to get them, cross your fingers for me. thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!