A nice little redhead - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
A nice little redhead

Pulled out Redboy for cleaning day and his head was completely red. Harlequins tend to have nice pink/red on the head but this was insane, never seen it flushed with so much color before. Of course, camera never does justice

He is usually very pale, this was a cool look for him. I like the highlights on each side of the arrow on his head, almost like it’s glowing.

Neat! too bad the pics don't show it as nicely... oh well.
-April

Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Randall Turner
He definitely has nice color, the pale spots do make the head stripe stand out don't they. It doesn't seem fair sometimes how difficult capturing their looks is.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
That boy's purty. You can tell he's having a red head. It's sorta obvious, and the pale spots make it stand out even more.

Nice stuff right there.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Gorgeous critter you have there! You should bring that boy outside so we can see some shots with natural light

Old 05-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
You should bring that boy outside so we can see some shots with natural light
I know, I wish I could! I'm in an apartment right now and don't really want the neighbors to see the critters so that makes it difficult. I'm going to have to drag a bunch of them out in a rubbermaid on a quite Sunday morning or something.

Thanks for the nice comments! The more I look at these pics the more I dislike them, I know I can do better.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
Laura Fopiano
He def. has sexy snakeapeal!! Pretty boy there Arpil!!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Tried to get some better shots but alas, looks like going outside is the only way I’ll be able to capture his colors. He’s got a much deeper pink/reddish flush that the flash will allow the camera to pick up. At least these pics came out a little better than the other ones I posted.

Thanks for looking.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
Most cams with flash built in will soften the flash if you put in macro mode.

But I don't have a problem seeing his color at all. That's a really nice boy right there.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Finally got some outdoor pics! These were taken today at 6pm in the shade, camera on 'natural light' setting. (and text added in photoshop of course)

Here he is with his sister Candy, but she was in blue and wasn't very photogenic. She also didn't want to hold still.

Some closeups of Redboy's face.

Hope you liked the pics!
-April

Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #10
TheFragginDragon
Very nice pics of a great looking boy!
BTW what kind of camera are you using April?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!