Break in at Carolina Reptile Exchange (Bruce Eisenmanns store) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:52 PM   #41
Tom McKenna
Well I got a true working FEDEX tracking number today and my animals are suppose to arrive tomorrow by 10:30 Noah called me with it and they are picking up shipping and said if they are not what he says and Im not happy they will pay shipping back and refund my money so mb I jumped the gun only tomorrow will tell me that

Old 01-21-2004, 08:07 PM   #42
Brian Oakley
I do hope you get your animals, but that still does not explain why someone would have to "re-ship" something that was already shipped. Either way, it sounds to me you were lied to at one time or another.
My question to myself (heck to them for that matter) would be, were they going to ship had the heat not been to high here? In other words, did they tell you theyt shipped just to make you happy and then would try to play it off as it was lost in shipping and nothing they could do about it? MUCH to odd for me.

Yes, it is all specualtion, but still very odd events in the communication with them.
Just to cover my a$$, I will add them to the list of people not to buy from.

Give us an update tomorrow evening about this time on whether you received them or not and if you did what they were like.

Old 01-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #43
simplysnakes
Warrants issued and served

I have very interesting news to post to this thread to help solve alot of ideas about the character of Bruce. I normally do not post on here simply because I generally am busy with other things in the evenings after work. BUT....

A very good friend of mine has been unjusted in Bruce's circus going on in York County. The person I am speaking of will remain anonymous because he has a good reputation for keeping his word. If he reads this and wants to post his name he can do so.

Tonight I recieved a phone call from him to tell me about how his week has gone since the supossed "burgalary". The very next day the police called my friend about five minutes after he left Bruce's place after delivering rodents to Bruce on credit. Bruce always has a hard time paying for everything he gets. The sums sometimes went as large as $4000.00, unbelievable way to do business.

The officer who called his cell phone said he was at the person's home waiting for him to arrive. A warrant was issued for search and away they went. Opening mouse trays, snake cages and general prowling. After discovering two albino retics under 6 feet each, they get excited and feel they have recovered the snakes. Then hit the jackpot when they discover a albino burmese python about 12 foot. They exclaimed they found the snake! They were told it was a burmese not a retic and they asked what the difference was? LAW OFFICERS READY TO STEAL ANOTHER TYPE OF SNAKE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING!

Then today, the police are silently waiting for him at his new home he just moved into. Smiling, they had coyish remarks about finding his "new place" search warrant in hand. Once again invaded his new home and searched and found nothing.

Bruce then calls my friend and states he did not intend for the officers to go to his house. After searching the new home, he was also asked to take a lie detector test downtown by the officers.

Two warrants, no snakes, and all for letting Bruce get away with a constant large bill owed. My friend also bought one of his albino retics that the officers thought was Bruce's. My friend bought the smaller retic from him to get back some of the $4000.00 bill that Bruce owed him.

I sold this friend of mine one half of our snake collection on credit. It was a large sum of money to "loan out". He paid me for the entire amount within a very short time period. He has a honest reputation and is respectable. He is not a thief, I can vouch for him. But he was a good target for Bruce's accusations and now has justified himself by comming up innocent. There is a real theif there that is behind this all and will be caught in time.

I personally think that the person who actually took those snakes knew exactly which ones to take to help Bruce in his financial bind. Does anyone know how to find out if Bruce had insurance on his business? Maybe this is simply a case of insurance fraud?

Bruce is a back stabber. He just had this person deliver on credit and then called the law after he left. Gave them his cell phone number, both home locations, and then called to ask what he was doing with the large retic? Cheap and low. That is what type of character Bruce has.

Old 01-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #44
Brian Oakley
I SMELL A SCAM !!!

I am very sorry your friend had to go through all that. Too bad people like this even exist in any business (not referring to your friend).
Like I stated in the post I wrote yesterday, I would doubt he had insurance on all this. Insurance companies are very tough these days. Hell, allot of them will not even insure your family dog under homeowners policies or anything. I was pi$$ed about this, my dog is multi K's in value!

Old 01-21-2004, 10:44 PM   #45
HerpVenue
Quote:
The snakes are real, they were stolen by a employee that was hired there 6 months ago.
Kinda weird how you know who stole it.....and yet Bruce only thinks it is "somone who frequented the store"

Quote:
It just like I said now I'm catching all the flack
It was ONLY your second post......no one was really giving you flack yet. Maybe if You would not start your first post EVER with curse words and calling people names.....maybe you would not get flack

Quote:
Besides what am I defending him against? I only said that I saw the snakes.
Yes we know the two piebalds exist. He bought them. He (harry) alkso claimed to have produced piebalds and yet NONE exist.

Quote:
I simply sated facts. WHy are you guys so gung ho to jump my [bleep]?
Here is a fact......
why would anyone who is helping out be the one to "set traps" at the store? Why not the store owner?......................................it is because it was the store owner..............BRUCE who set the traps.

Quote:
It just feels good to be right!
only thing you are right about is they have or had two piebalds.

Quote:
It just so happned that I was there the day it happened.
And you also say his employee stole them....Does that mean you saw him steal them?

hhhhmm
1. You KNOW it was an employee.
2. Bruce thinks it is the guy delivering the rats.

Sounds to me like you know way more than Bruce........................why is that?

Old 01-21-2004, 10:51 PM   #46
Brian Oakley
You think way to deep Ritchie! I love it.
You bring up some interesting points though, I will say that.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:14 PM   #47
Kerry Bragg
Kinda weird how you know who stole it.....and yet Bruce only thinks it is "somone who frequented the store"

I only know who I think stole it. because I was there. Were you?

It was ONLY your second post......no one was really giving you flack yet. Maybe if You would not start your first post EVER with curse words and calling people names.....maybe you would not get flack

Casual cursing, oh , I'm sure you NEVER do this . I called someone a name in my second post. He insulted me first, atleast I felt insulted. And from what I see around here, I figured you would be the next one to sound off!

Yes we know the two piebalds exist. He bought them. He (harry) alkso claimed to have produced piebalds and yet NONE exist.

Ok we all know they exist. Thats a start. Never met harry. Did he rip alot of people off? Did he rip you off?

why would anyone who is helping out be the one to "set traps" at the store? Why not the store owner?......................................it is because it was the store owner..............BRUCE who set the traps.

I'm guessing bruce did set the mousetraps. Hes usually the last person there. He is also the owner of Carolina reptile exchange, as far as I know. I wasn't aware of an issue with this. But you are correct.

only thing you are right about is they have or had two piebalds.

We may have to agree to disagree, because I think you are incredibly wrong.

And you also say his employee stole them....Does that mean you saw him steal them?

The guy said everything but that. He was even the only one there a month before when another albino retic got missing. He siad it got out of the cage. THe next week the guy has 10 albino burms. He was begging people to buy 2 normal burms from him the day before the theft, because he was broke. That seemed pretty odd to me. You sholud go along with this ritchie because you like to assume things too.

hhhhmm
1. You KNOW it was an employee.
2. Bruce thinks it is the guy delivering the rats.

Sounds to me like you know way more than Bruce........................why is that?

I think you stick your nose where it doesn't belong. I KNOW what I believe. The police think it's the guy delivering the rats. They have done the same thing to several people. I'm sure they will come here next. and I'm also sure you don't have a clue what you're talking about!

Old 01-22-2004, 12:00 AM   #48
ReticEd
As for insurance, I will say that he has/had it, as the 'shop' is not a free standing building owned by Bruce.
The building is about a 6 to 8 unit strip mall type, with Bruce renting one unit.(used to be a bingo hall or a slot machine establishment if I recall correctly)
No leasing agency/landlord will have a business without some type of protection in place by a renter.
Way too risky in case of a fire etc, afterall, heat pads and lights do cause fires sometimes.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:15 AM   #49
Brian Oakley
The type of insurance you are refering to is just to cover the building from damage. You are correct though, it is required.
My thoughts were simply insurance on the "business" itlself and what items make up the business. After thinking about it, I am sure pet stores of any kind DO have insurance. My question is, how are scams prevented. With the animals of any kind, that come and go, how is an insurance company to know if the item in question was really there at the time. In this case, who is to say he did not sell the snake/s last week or month. Not suggesting this is the case, just hinking aloud about the insurance end of it.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:19 AM   #50
ms_terese
I'm a little rusty on this, but I believe that to insure livestock, you must keep records of acquisitions and sales, listing the animals received and also denoting what items were sold for all receipts. That allows the insurance company to audit your inventory in a situation like a burglary.

I know there are members here that are actually *in* the insurance biz.....can you shed some light?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann