Inquiry Steven Brenner Transaction - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #11
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95se5384 View Post
I didn't stick to the orginal trade deal because he changed his mind, and wanted something else I don't know how many times, but I made him an offer a couple weeks back for something and he agreed so when I receive the animal it will be shipped.. End of story
Lets see emails and facts, both of you so far are simply slinging accusations.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #12
calebroad
I fully acknowledge that a moderator and myself had a nasty bout some time ago, I have never done any transaction with that moderator. If you believe that is grounds for what is happening, in that case, it's okay to put the screws to me, and there is no reason to discuss any further.

But if you believe that the past bout with the moderator should not stand to justify this situation, than it should not be associated and the facts I stated are as I said.

Steven Brenner is correct with his response, this has dragged on and on. Also, he is right that I agree to accept a split Scute snow, or caramel, or whatever, so I can cut my losses and move on.

But with so much time gone by, and with the repeated words that "your not very well liked", combined with all the other spontaneous comments, I have developed a very low expectation of anything.

If Steven Brenner eventually makes right on the transaction, I will immediately post that Steven Brenner has made right on the transaction.

But until then, the facts are exactly as I stated. Criticize me all you want, publicly lynch me all you want, but what I posted are the facts.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #13
nickolasanastasiou
Please explain the PayPal chargebacks. The reasons for multiple chargebacks as well as how they relate to the proposed trade since a trade of animals for animals involves the movement of goods (the animals) between parties and PayPal involves the movement of funds. I am not seeing how the chargebacks are connected to the trade with the overview that has been offered, so the explanation would improve clarity.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #14
calebroad
I made many PayPal payments to Steven Brenner upon the origination of the deal, for albino Chinese Softshells turtles, he gave me very good pricing as part of the transaction. Later I did chargebacks that totaled only appx $400.00, trying to bring some negotiating power. But Steven did not budge, he was mad about the chargebacks, so I contacted PayPal and dropped them. Back to square one

Old 09-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #15
calebroad
I should add, Steven said he was not able to complete the transaction. Because my chargebacks were tying up his funds to make right on the transaction.

But I dropped the chargebacks and I don't think that can be used any longer

Old 09-29-2016, 01:24 PM   #16
nickolasanastasiou
Then to be clear, the chargebacks were for animals you did actually receive, but were performed to apply pressure regarding a separate incomplete deal that did not involve those animals or those funds?

Old 09-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
and the facts I stated are as I said.
We don't know that. Show emails. The only reason I brought up the nasties is to show that you have a history of lying and threatening, and thus email proof is needed and your mere say so is not enough.
Neither you nor the other party is providing emails, you both appear to be suspect to me.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:46 PM   #18
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Then to be clear, the chargebacks were for animals you did actually receive, but were performed to apply pressure regarding a separate incomplete deal that did not involve those animals or those funds?
The prices were provided as part of this same transaction. In any event, those were dropped, and I find it hard to see why that would justify, accepting my turtle and then failing in the other parties end. Steven Brenner did provide the albino Softshells and they were beautiful.

Also, (I could be totally wrong) but I think that this behavior was likely tempted by the fact that I had a nasty bout with a moderator some time ago, and that I was unlikely to go public on the BOI.

If it becomes a situation, were it's okay to perform this kind of thing, and count on the fact that "somebody may/or may not be liked", that is shameful. And if that's the case, than one would believe it's okay to put the screws to me, and as I said, there would be no need for further discussion on the Fauna BOI

Old 09-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #19
nickolasanastasiou
I am not justifying anything. I asked a question for the sake of clarity. You responded, but the response has not yet clearly answered my question.

Quote:
Quote:
The prices were provided as part of this same transaction. In any event, those were dropped, and I find it hard to see why that would justify, accepting my turtle and then failing in the other parties end. Steven Brenner did provide the albino Softshells and they were beautiful.
I will rephrase for more specificity.

The prices were for the albino softshells and the albino softshells were delivered after you sent the funds for the albino softshells, yes? You performed chargebacks (that you later dropped) for the funds sent for animals that you had already received, yes?

The trade is currently unresolved, but there is a resolution option (snow with split scutes as a substitute) pending that you are both accepting that is supposed to be orchestrated soon, yes?

Old 09-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #20
calebroad
Again, I was happy to have a new contact like Stephen, he offered me special pricing in albino Softshells, charcoal turtles, and hets, etc. for my perfect caramel het snow. All part of the same agreement.

He did give me good pricing, I paid, and the Softshells were beautiful, I sent him my turtle, and my turtle is beautiful.

However, I never received the final exchange for my caramel. He keeps saying your not very well liked. ( referring to a nasty bout that I had with you, Nick)

This has dragged on and I tried many option to bring resolution including charging back a portion of PayPal. To no avail. I also inquired with other more experienced reptile folks, and as a last resort, I posted on BOI. I hinted that I would get the cops involved, i tried in desperation, but to no avail.

Even if one holds the belief that the nasty bout with Nick is justification for a $4,000 loss. I feel nothing is lost, and nothing is gained. But if it helps even one person in the future from falling down this avenue, it's worth it for me.

Again, my belief is that this bold move was set forth with the notion that I would likely not go public on the BOI. But, no matter if it helps the industry, hurts the industry, or hurts me, It's done now. It's ultimately up to Fauna how the BOI is run, and what standards are held.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!