Scam????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
windex
Thumbs down Scam?????

I recieved this email the other day from an ad I placed in the Los Angeles recycler. I have never had a email concerning a purchase sound this fishy.

Hello,
I am interested in purchasing your (ADULT Bearded Dragon Trio) and i am okay with the price, and don't worry about the shipment i have a shipping agent that will certer for the shippment but i want you to no that my client will be sending you $3600 certisfied MONEY ORDER down to you and I want you to Have it in mind that the remaining balance of the excess fund will be send to my shipping agent that is coming for the picked up in your place. if this mode of payment is accepted by you i will like you to send your Full name and address including your phone number in which you will receive a certified MONEY ORDER drawn. I await those details as soon as possible to fax it down to my client to get the MONEY ORDER issue out to you by next week. Email asap. N.B : here is my full contact info : ( JERRY HART), @#^T(^($ AVENUE,UNIT 50,ONTARIO CA.CANADA So am compensating you with $100 to get the MONEY ORDER cashed .OK
Waiting For Your Quick Respoced A.S.A.P.
Regard

I took the first part of his address out.....
Canadian looking on the los angeles recycler?
$3600?????
What do you guys think??????

Old 08-04-2005, 08:55 PM   #2
Vince
its a scam , its been around for awhile, dont do it.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
Vince
I really might want your beardies. How much do you want , were can I see some pics?

That guy is tryn to pull a nigerian(sp?) scam, Do a search on it. A ton of people have had the same thing sent to them.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
windex
Wow

Thanks a lot guys, I had a good feeling that really didnt seem right. I have never in my years had a email of that type. My girlfriend actually told me that see saw the local news talking about this same scam. I really appreciate the help and hope this scam doesnt fool anyone in the industry. Should I post more of this thread on a scam type forum??????

The ad should still be up on the dragons for sale forum here on fauna classifieds. They are listed at $175 a piece and as a group I had them at $500. I have a feeling that a bit to high, so give me a offer and I just might accept.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
Vince
did you breed them alot this year? im going to try and hunt down your ad, then I will email you. No problem about the advice. Ive seen people post about that around here for awhile

Old 08-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #7
Crested Lady
Vince is right... it's definitely a scam. Don't ever take a money order for more than the cost of the animal and shipping. I think I remember someone saying that they took a money order like that to the bank one day and the police nabbed the person and questioned him until he could prove what had happened by showing the police the e-mails. It's bad news.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #8
White99z
That scam has been going on for a while now on the internet. I have never seen it for anything other than a used car though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!