Intense Herpetoculture - Any feedback? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #31
Intense Herpetoculture
I did not have the Canon on me at the time, but Erik wanted photos so I choose second best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
sorry but i am having to go with Al's info, stats and accounts.

one thing though justyn. if you got photos of the snakes with a cell phone, then why not with your canon? i mean either way you are in the room with the snakes.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #32
erk2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Herpetoculture
Bite looks fairly similar to me, too bad I did not take the photo at the same angle. As for the Atheris, the last one is black. I did not send a photos of the reds as I don't think I unpacked them at the time (different shipment).
Sorry but the angle of the bite has nothing to do with it. You had to circle your bite in the photo to point it out. Anyhow this is not a match to see who's bite is worse. I will say that if you were indeed bitten and you didn't go to the hospital for the reason you said you didn't go which was to keep media attention away from it then you took a far greater risk then you think.
I had ZERO media attention from my bite. If you would have had to have an ambulance called because of sudden complications from the bite or even worse died from it, think about the media attention that would have drawn, and you would have been helpless to stop any of it or put any truth to it.
That was a bad decision.

That last squam is on a white background and hardly looks black, much less slate black....I'm sure there are people here that can produce pictures of what a black squam is supposed to look like. If I'd have recieved a box full of those I'd have really been upset.

Best Regards,
Eric Marquette
Northshore Reptiles, LLC

Old 05-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #33
Intense Herpetoculture
You know Robin, you can pick at this as you may, but your not a judge. In fact, I think your a great person but I don't think your inserts are welcome here unless you can provide your dealings with me. Saying I don't have the animals or that I was not bitten when you know no first hand details, it just seems like you want to play detective here, yeah?

I knew I was going to be bashed on this, that's fine, but I would like to stick to the facts and not drag in anything else.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #34
Intense Herpetoculture
That's because the first photo I sent was not cropped and was a smaller file. I found the orginal photo, cropped the image at a larger size and sent you a photo of the circle.

I understand you had zero media attention, you were lucky. If I did not ahve to go through the expense of the idiots at the ER, so be it. Last year I got bitten by a sloth, bad bite, did I go to the ER, no, I stitched it up myself. I'll post a pic, just to show you that I only go to the hospital if I need to, I've been there enough times in my life. Luckily I have friends who are medics and give me advice if needed.

As for complications, what kind? If needed, my wife would have called. We agreed on this once I got bitten, I did not feel I had to go. I took a chance, but it was a very well researched chance I took. I looked over no less then 30 articles on Echis bites within 30 mins. From the internet, to journals, and books I had. I made an informed choice.

As for the black Squams, some of them look like that, others are pitch black, others are lighter, it's called variation. I told you of this before you sent a deposit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk2
Sorry but the angle of the bite has nothing to do with it. You had to circle your bite in the photo to point it out. Anyhow this is not a match to see who's bite is worse. I will say that if you were indeed bitten and you didn't go to the hospital for the reason you said you didn't go which was to keep media attention away from it then you took a far greater risk then you think.
I had ZERO media attention from my bite. If you would have had to have an ambulance called because of sudden complications from the bite or even worse died from it, think about the media attention that would have drawn, and you would have been helpless to stop any of it or put any truth to it.
That was a bad decision.

That last squam is on a white background and hardly looks black, much less slate black....I'm sure there are people here that can produce pictures of what a black squam is supposed to look like. If I'd have recieved a box full of those I'd have really been upset.

Best Regards,
Eric Marquette
Northshore Reptiles, LLC

Old 05-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #35
robin d.
Quote:
it just seems like you want to play detective here, yeah?
well yes because it seems your story doesn't add up. nor do all the other stories that you have told, making yourself out to be something bigger than life. i have had suspicions and concerns for quite some time about your credibility.
i guess we will see how this pans out

Old 05-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #36
Intense Herpetoculture
Oh, like what Robin, tell me? Make it public, tell everyone. Let's bring out all the dirt now and get this over with. As for bigger then life, explain, let me know why I think I'm so great, why I think I'm bigger then life. Last I looked I'm an average guy leasing a 3 bedroom house in the outskirts of town. I have a wife, a son, two cars, three dogs, etc.

Quote:
well yes because it seems your story doesn't add up. nor do all the other stories that you have told, making yourself out to be something bigger than life. i have had suspicions and concerns for quite some time about your credibility.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #37
Intense Herpetoculture
What do you mean it doesn't ad up. I got bit, it delayed order, ponds jobs, etc and I am scrambling to catch up. What is so hard abotu that? Tell you, what, call me, let me call you, we'll figure everything then, and why I'm a "fake".

Quote:

Old 05-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #38
robin d.
Quote:
What do you mean it doesn't ad up. I got bit, it delayed order, ponds jobs, etc and I am scrambling to catch up. What is so hard abotu that? Tell you, what, call me, let me call you, we'll figure everything then, and why I'm a "fake".
justyn, all it is, is excuses with you and honestly i do not want to waste my time hearing an earfull of BS

Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #39
Intense Herpetoculture
Called, no one answered. I left my number, call me.

Quote:

Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #40
erk2
Quote:
I looked over no less then 30 articles on Echis bites within 30 mins. From the internet, to journals, and books I had. I made an informed choice.
30 articles in 30 minutes is an informed choice??? I'm sorry, I said I wasn't going to say anything else about the bite but you keep making really rediculous statements regarding it.

Quote:
As for the black Squams, some of them look like that, others are pitch black, others are lighter, it's called variation. I told you of this before you sent a deposit.
You don't have to tell me squams are variable (and by the way you didn't mention that in any of the emails, I just looked) I know they are, it's kind of the reason they are called "Variable Bush Vipers" However that is barely black, you said you sent a picture of a slate black one, it obviously is not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!