Bad Guy RodentPro- Zoonotic disease warning - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
Lucille
I called the CDC Special Pathogens department several times, no one answered. I called the main CDC line an no one could tell me anything, they took my number. I've emailed them as well. It certainly gives me pause that someone there could not be found who had an answer. Hopefully they will call back or email.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
laurarfl
I ordered chicks, rats and mice mid-April, and I have an autoimmune disease for which I take biological immune suppressants. If anyone has further info, I would appreciate it being posted.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
ozz465
It is prob best that anyone who have bought rodents from RP in the time frame here post the info and perhaps stop shipping out animals fed these rodents till more info is released , thank god i breed my own rodents and feeders. Lots of xtra work but well worth it in these situations.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #14
jumpsnake
From what I have found out it is unknown if this virus affects reptiles. I certainly hope not- but do not have an answer to this question yet.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
cmalchow
According to my vet he has never seen in affect reptiles but of course he cautions to take care cleaning cages and such of snakes that have eaten affected mice.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #16
CarolinaClassicDragons
Here is detailed information that can be found on the CDC site...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Lymphocytic_Choriomeningitis_Fact_Sheet.pdf (175.7 KB, 205 views)

Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
Lucille
Rodent Pro should be here, answering these questions as best they can or at least telling us what steps they have take so far. I clicked on their site and on their home page there was no mention of the disease, but there was this, under their 'Welcome' note:

RodentPro.com® is committed to serving your feeder animal needs. Quality is of the utmost importance to us, whether in the value of a product or the integrity of a relationship. We understand that our success depends not only on the quality of our products but, more importantly, on the strength of the relationships we establish with our customers. We look forward to being a part of your success and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
jumpsnake
Because I felt the letter needed to be a hard copy, I put it in the actual mail and I am not sure if they saw the email yet. However- I agree this should be addressed by them- actually why I am so upset. To the person above who may be immune compromised- please contact your local health department. The only people of real concern to the people who visited us were those who were either pregnant or immune compromised. People like you are the reason I felt I had to post here. Hopefully you will have no problems but I would contact them to be sure.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
womsterr
I sent them an email earlier hoping they would respond.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #20
Megf
Interesting to hear what is said. I purchased some mice from them but I'd have to check to see when-I think it was before May. They are all frozen though and kept in a separate deep freezer. I did have a snake die recently from bacterial enteritis two days after feeding two f/t hoppers to him from rodent pro. None of my other snakes fed from the same bag have showed any sign of illness and I've never had any issues with them before. I usually get everything else from a local supplier but he has mostly rats and I have some smaller snakes that can't take anything that large. I'd also like to know if freezing would kill the disease.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!