Bad Guy RodentPro- Zoonotic disease warning - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #41
nomoremorphs
They are not mentioned by name but worth a read for the skeptical:

http://www.farmworldonline.com/news/...p?newsid=14991

There are many of us here who work at places (zoos, etc...) who were contacted by CDC and local health departments about this. I cannot post those work emails or info unfortunately but I can confirm that the LCMV issue at Rodent Pro is real though probably not a threat to any healthy people or reptiles.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #42
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Lucille, that'd be anonymous 3rd party quoting.
You just need to identify the friend.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #43
womsterr
oh wow - story states that out of 52 workers 13 of the facility’s employees were positive for LCM, nine reported that there were ill and six sought medical care.

She sampled a total of 1,820 mice and rats - 399 rats tested all of which were negative and 1,491 mice, 296 of which tested positive. There was an infection rate in the mice of 21 percent, determined Lovejoy.
She quickly wrote a quarantine for each building, putting a halt on sales, production and packaging.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #44
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremorphs View Post

There are many of us here who work at places (zoos, etc...) who were contacted by CDC and local health departments about this. I cannot post those work emails or info
Now THAT's anonymous.....

Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #45
nomoremorphs
I doubt most people can post private work emails so call it annonymous if you like.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #46
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremorphs View Post
I doubt most people can post private work emails so call it annonymous if you like.

Anonymous third party quotations are not allowed here on the BOI. It's the very first Sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #47
nomoremorphs
I work at a zoo, and we were contacted about the issue with rodent pro. Is that still anonymous?

I don't know how to edit posts or i would remove my "Anonymous third party quotations".

I can't post private work emails so hope the above satisfies the forum police.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #48
Sandboamorphs
They are not responding for legal reasons. Depending on the management's knowledge of the situation and how they handled it along with the resulting injuries not only could they be liable civilly, they could be be criminally liable. This has been rumored for a few weeks, I'm sure they have sought legal counsel and have been advised to say nothing.

We use Mice Direct and FeederSource.com (associated with Mice Direct). A few years ago I got an email from Mice Direct stating some shipments had gone out with something like salmonela (I don't remember) and they replaced all of those shipments. They also posted this information on their site. I don't think the issue was as severe as RodentPro's but RP can't claim there was no past protocal to look at in such a situation.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #49
LauraB
Thanks for posting that link, Erik. That would answer my general questions relative to any connection between the CDC and any health agency and public awareness.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #50
scaledverts
Hmm well crap! I have a BIG order from RodentPro arriving TOMORROW! No mention of any of this at any time during the transaction... AWESOME!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!