thereptileroom = cheat of the month - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum > FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum Any issues related to the FaunaTopSites listings are welcome to be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #61
Gary O
I also think this is getting a bit off topic. Anyone is free to PM me or contact me to discuss this.

Thanks everyone.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #62
WebSlave
I would like to point out that the internet is an awfully big place, yet the paths to get to any part of it are extremely short. Everyone who sets up a website can run it however they choose to do so, within the limits of the law. If some website offers you something there that you want, then by all means, go there to get it. If any part of any site is not to your liking, then you can just use the parts of it that do meet your approval, or else just don't go there at all. I have been beat up many times over this simple fact when someone wants to deepfry my butt because of what my goals are for this site and I point out to them that they don't HAVE to stay here. It is NOT trying to chase anyone away at all. It is simply pointing out something that really should be obvious to nearly everyone.

Gary has found, just as I have, that goals will change and plans will need to be modified, often on the fly, to try to meet ever changing needs and requirements that come down the pike. Trying to please everyone is impossible to do. Even coming up with a solution to please a majority (much less catch their attention) is extremely difficult. Most people will not indicate what they want until you have expended time, money and effort to make it something they DON'T want. Ninety percent of your headaches will be caused by less then one percent of what you have on your website. And when you try to fix that one percent, it only increases the headaches as one fixed problem generates two more problems .......

Only someone who has never done this sort of thing could every think it is a simple task to do.

Now, that being said, I would just like to intervene at this time to remind everyone that the forum this thread is posted on is a FEEDBACK forum for FAUNATOPSITES issues. It is not a forum intended to be used to discuss policies and procedures of any site that happens to be on the FAUNATOPSITES listing. If anyone does wish to discuss some other website, then there is one set up on this site just for such a purpose. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=547

Old 02-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #63
bcfos
Sorry about that Rich.. You know I am the "off topic" king at times..

Old 02-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #64
WebSlave
No worries. It just appeared that this thread was edging towards going out of control.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #65
nicolai
Everyones got to remember that one site is never going to cover all the bases and be active all the time. This is why we all see each other at other forums all the time. I am a member here as well as TRR and TSE and a few others and everyone has something to offer reptile enthusiasts in one way or another. I say "the more the Merrier!!!". Every site has its trolls and as long as they get weeded out the rest of us can enjoy each others company and maybe even have a little fun now and then.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #66
crazycorn
Of course everyone knows I like to get my opinions on topics that matter to me so here it goes. I find these little facts funny myself:
Total Posts: 4 (4 posts per day) <All in this thread
Where did you hear about FaunaClassifieds?:
trr bad mouthing this site. I figured if trr hated you , you must be great. Hmm guessing a site is great only by the bad mouthing of others if there was any, sounds like a rash and infalmed devision to me, just an axe to grind?
Full Name: TJR < What can't sign your name so we know who you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil
perfectly said. i couldn't agree more.
Funny louise, you used to love TRR until had majorly differing opinion with someone and went over the line, atleast that is what I saw. What about all those deleted posts due to verbal abuse and cussing? You were even a mod! Gotta love holding a bias....

Old 02-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #67
crazycorn
I agree with everything said in thread, or atleast most of it. You won't find a more stand up guy then Gray he is very willing to listen and help if a problem should occur. TRR is there, use it if you like or leave if you don't, simply put. Why grind an axe over a differing OPINION. JMO though.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:05 AM   #68
coyote
What causes me concern is that there will be people who will only read this thread title and never go past it to read what has been posted. Their opinion will be set aftter having only read the title. That's lousy.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #69
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
What causes me concern is that there will be people who will only read this thread title and never go past it to read what has been posted. Their opinion will be set aftter having only read the title. That's lousy.
Sorry, but I disagree. From what I have seen, most people love to see a train wreck, so they WILL read the entire thread, hoping to see "blood and guts" spilled. Or they will read up to the point, at least, where they realize that it isn't a train wreck after all. Take a look at the BOI and the number of views "bad guy" threads get when compared to "good guy" threads.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #70
Chameleon Company
I think that your point is valid Marjee.

It is however, the scenario that occurs often in the BOI, and I believe one of the root reasons for Rich deciding to raise the level of accountability there, with paid membership, full name, and enforced rules. The BOI is littered with "bad guy" posts where you sometimes have to read 2-5 pages onto it to find out that the "bad guy" is a "good guy" and that the thread starter might be a little less honorable. I made my case earlier that if the thread starter's issue involves a question of integrity or character, regardless of the rest of the topic, that should be the trip-wire to require it to be a BOI thread. Its an inexact science, and there will always be gray areas, as Rich mentioned. Having been the target of a more than one "bad guy" BOI thread under the old standards (I was vindicated after several pages, IMHO), and I believe speaking for all who have been the subject of questionable threads, while we wish such threads never started, we at least want it in the BOI so as to bring the highest level of accountability afforded by this site.

I think that Rich's point:
Quote:
Sorry, but I disagree. From what I have seen, most people love to see a train wreck, so they WILL read the entire thread, hoping to see "blood and guts" spilled. Or they will read up to the point, at least, where they realize that it isn't a train wreck after all. Take a look at the BOI and the number of views "bad guy" threads get when compared to "good guy" threads.
..... cannot be argued. It is certainly consistent with the reasons some sites allow a wide open "War Room", or the old BOI. The "new BOI" has its advantages, as even a train wreck can get too ugly, and turn into what we used to call in the service an "abortion". I am going to add a concern about Rich's view that I think always deserves consideration, and which gets back to your view Marjee. I agree with Rich that in an active "train-wreck" thread, virtually all following it will be aware of the twists and turns it takes, as it is entertaining reading, and readers will stayed "glued to their sets". The recent thread started by "Critical Bill" which led to his downfall is a perfect example of a train-wreck that changed directions, but stayed a train-wreck, and held the audience long enough to see that the initial post was not quite fair. But if someone comes here to do a search on someone who was the topic of several bad-guy threads that ended up with the tables turned on the thread starter, I do not take it for granted that they will read far enough to find the whole picture, if a good rebuttal was made to the initial post, but is on page 3 (or post 20, etc). I accept that as the nature of the BOI, and will be the first to acknowledge that the "new BOI" addresses the problem of the unsubstantiated and malicious attacks to the extent that a measure of control can be applied. I don't know if character attacks flare up much back in some of the other forums here, but would hope that if they do, they would be scrutinized as a BOI thread. While most of the rules of conduct for the BOI could be applied, the accountability inherent with a being a paid member would not govern the posts of non-paid members who could still make a malicious attack with relative impugnity. I think we have to just trust Rich and the Mod's when those occasions arise.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread