its been a cruddy day but we are alive - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
missinasworld
its been a cruddy day but we are alive

I know a lot of you don't know me, but a few of you do. I live in Fl and breed leopard geckos. I was at work today and got a phone call from a neighber who told me I had to come home, my house was burning.
I got home to see fire fighters taking geckos out of my room and my family in shock.
The fire probably started becaues a cat knocked a tea candle over and it set the wooden entertainment center on fire. my mother was sleeping in her room and my step dad pulled her out of the fire along with 2 of our dogs.
My next door neighber was tring to put out the fire with a garden hose. other neighbers who I did not even know stopped and helped pull my more then 60 geckos, skinks, and salamanders out of the fire, and my 2 ferrets, my other dog and our 3 cats took off into the neighberhood. One cat has been captured-2 are still missing but alive.
The fire fighters got my incubators and over 30 leo eggs out of the fire. In fact my room was the only room not ravaged because it was an addition to the house with a flat roof. I got really lucky..my mothers room were she was sleeping half burned and the rest of the house is gone.

I don't really know what to do. I need sleep. my animals are safe for the moment but the racks were destroyed from water the firefighters used to put out the flames-and I'm not mad at all! I am so thankfull for their hard work that saved the lives of my pets. but now I have a ton of geckos with nothing but their tubs and display tanks.

I have a website but its down. it was on a computer that ran a server in my room. the computer is fine and tomorrow it will be brought to a friends who will allow me to run it on their internet.

I think I might need to make a fast sale on most of the geckos. I don't know. a friend who is a breeder that lives near me is going to take some..and the incubators, tomorrow. but I can't impose on him the lives of 60 geckos and he doesn't have room for 3 20gal, 1 29gal, 1 40gal, 1 10gal, and an exo terra display tanks.

I need sleep. everyone please be careful and don't sleep with candles burning.

Missina

Old 06-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
SamanthaJane13

Missina-

I'm so happy that your family and animals made it out of the fire!! It's wonderful that not only did your family make it out, but that the firefighters and your neighbors helped with your pets!!

Possessions can be replaced!!

Just thank the Powers the Be that everyone is fine!!

Sending prayers for your family's rapid recovery of all you lost, and for your animals finding their way home!!

Hugs-
Donna

Old 06-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
Dawn Zimmerman
Wow. Missina, I am so sorry to hear about your house, but am SUPER happy that you, your family, and your pets are safe! I am lifting up prayers for you, your family, your pets that are with you and those still missing, and a prayer to find homes for all those little lizards and salamanders. If you can, keep us posted on your situation. Dawn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!