Brian Potter & Bob Ashley of NARBC - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #21
David Reid
The show was great...

Always fun to meet people you talk to on the internet, in person. I think hands down, the nicest animal I saw was the Sutherland's Hypo Paradox Super Mojave....did I get that right? Anyhow, it was amazing, my wife, who just tolerates snakes, actually said "cool snake." And if the light at the end of your tunnel is turned off to conserve energy, go solar

Old 09-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #22
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfrog
Need to bring it back to Philly!
Agreed!

Old 09-13-2005, 12:56 PM   #23
pch101
I had a great time at the show. It was very well done. I found it refreshing not seeing a bunch of wild caught imported animals there. It was a true breeders show! We shared a table with Wes, and I have to say he is one of the nicest guys ever. My wife even liked him, and she pretty much hates everybody (including me). Wes is even funnier in person than he is on here. I had was also fortunate enough to meet Dennis Hultman who has got to be the most polite reserved reptile guy on the planet. I also saw "Junkyard" Mike (super nice guy), Laura cox (one wild and crazy gal), Greg Rizo, and a bunch of Rosy Boa people! My only regret was that was like a kid with A.D.D. I was constantly distracted and I did not feel like I had enough time to talk to everybody.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 AM   #24
Greg Riso
It Was a Great Show!

I have to say I don't think the promoters could have done a better job. Everything from set up complete with meal, the two day show, wedding, to auction went flawlessly. I had a great time meeting so many Fauna folks, vendors, and customers that walked up to me and introduced themselves. I'd love to go to their Chicago show if it's anything like this one.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #25
Wilomn
I think it was a good show as well. I would like to have seen more people coming through the door though.

The Faunites I met there were pretty cool and on occasion damn funny. Laura is pretty wild and tends to bring the energy level wherever she is up just a few knotches.

I'm thinking I'll be back next year.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:37 PM   #26
kare
NARBC Chicago

I went to the Chicago show last year and it was fantastic. I have already booked my room and am anticipating another fun weekend this year. I hope to see many of you there!

Kare

Old 09-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #27
evansnakes
As far as door goes, the only shows that get a bigger door than Chicago and Anaheim are the shows like Cueto's that have exotic petting zoos and low door prices and I can tell you from personal experience from being a vendor at 1000+ shows over the past 15 years, in many states and cities, the vast majority of the people that go to most shows go to look and bs or maybe pick up mice or crickets. The vast majority of the people through the door at the NARBC shows are there to buy herps.

Also, being from Michigan, give props to Bob as he is from here! Brian is in Chicago. ^_^

Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 PM   #28
Casey Hulse
Gotta Thank

Brian Potter and Bob Ashley for putting on a great show in Chicago/Tinley Park again this yr. also want to thank all the other people that helped make the show such a success. It takes lots of people to put on a show this big, and I think they did a great job!

Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 AM   #29
Steve Hamm
I would have to agree with Casey,Awsome show.I have been going every year since the first one and it gets better and better ever year.Big props to you guys for putting on such a great show.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #30
liquidleaf
I went to the Chicago show this year, my first "big" reptile show - glad I went! My husband and I had a great time. We went to the auction, it was hilarious! And my husband, whose favorite saying is "no, you can't get another snake" bid on and won a beautiful GTP donated by the Macks. His first snake! The NARBC-brand beer definitely helped loosen him up - and I got a beautiful female hypo bci from Marc Bailey. So happy! And thanks to the sponsors who generously upgraded the "free appetizers" to "full gourmet buffet banquet"!!! I didn't go to the auction expecting a full dinner, but it was greatly appreciated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!