Bad Guy Averagecitizen22 (Garrett Boswell) took me - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #1
mandoman70
Angry Averagecitizen22 (Garrett Boswell) took me

To ANYONE reading this: Beware of Garrett Boswell!!! This is regarding an ad for an "Adult Female Kankakee Bull Ginter Line", which he posted on 12/19/2016. I paid $260 total for this snake via (PayPal). I paid $206.10 on 12/20/2016, and the remaining $62.04 on 12/22/2016. I HAVE NOT received the snake or heard from Garrett about shipping it out to me. The last time I heard from Garrett was a text he sent me on 12/23/2016. He's had ample time to respond but has not returned any texts, phone calls or Fauna messages. He may have blocked my number as well, I'm not sure. I found out that I made the mistake of paying thru PayPal using the 'send money to friends and family' service versus using 'Goods and services', which would have protected me better. All PayPal can really do is try to contact him, but GOOD LUCK with that. PayPal suggested filing a complaint on WWW.IC3, which I did do on 2/08/2017. This is frustrating and makes people not want to do business with anyone. I don't want anyone else to get scammed. I was patient and gave Garrett lots of time and the benefit of the doubt. I figured things happen and he would come around, but it's been too long since I've heard from him and he has left me no other choice. The sad thing is he seemed legit as we had positive cell phone texts back and forth. Fooled silly me. I've learned that now I need to run an INQUIRY on anyone I may buy a snake from in the future. If I WOULD have done this, I would have discovered that Garrett did the same thing to another person on Fauna, BEFORE I did any transactions with him. I ran an inquiry on Garrett the other day and this happened previously a few years ago.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:42 PM   #2
hhmoore
You may still have recourse if you funded the payment(s) via credit card (vs account balance or bank withdrawal).

Giving money away sucks when it isn't intentional; but, one learned, it is a lesson rarely forgotten.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
mandoman70
averagecitizen22 (Garrett Boswell) took me

You got that right hhmoore!! I could never do that to someone. Yes, as a matter of fact I did use a debit/Visa bank card.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Well done on raising the alarm. The next thing you'll be asked to do is post any evidence you have - screen shots of your texts etc so that people can see there is a firm case against this guy. Good luck, hope you can recover your money through your credit card.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
mandoman70

Do I just post ALL of the texts I screen shot right here?

Old 02-15-2017, 10:59 PM   #6
Helenthereef
Yep!

You can use as many posts as you like/ need - in order if you can manage it to avoid massive headaches for your readers.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #7
mandoman70
Angry averagecitizen22 (Garrett Boswell) took me

Ok, I will post this in chronological order as best as I can. Most of the communication between Garrett and I was done via cell phone texts. So most of this will be screen shots, which is hard to get all the dates and words lined up. First, I will post the ad Garrett put up for the snake I bought. Then I will post the screen shots of the phone texts from oldest to newest. Last, I will post screen shots of my Paypal payments I made to Garrett's account. First time doing this, so please bear with me! Thank you.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:52 PM   #8
nickolasanastasiou
Please make sure to use the attachment function for image-based evidence.

Instructions:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Old 02-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #9
mandoman70

I'm working on it! Thank you Nick.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #10
mandoman70

Here is the ad Garrett posted on 12/19/2016
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!