Rep power? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
ecmorrell
Rep power?

How does it work? I don't see any options anywhere to rate other users, but I see lots of people with large "Rep Power" scores.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:12 AM   #2
HerpAddict
You can add to someone's rep points by clicking on the little white scale that's at the bottom of the side bar beside the person's post. I think for every rep power unit, it takes 100 rep points, or something like that. There's another thread out there that discusses this better.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #3
DAND
Rep power is the number next to the green circles. That number is the number of rep points you can give to someone or half the number you can take from someone. You don't get rep power until you have reached your 100th post. You receive more rep power with every 100 rep points you receive from others, with every 100 posts you make and on you anniversary of registering. You can only give rep points if you have made 100 posts and have a number (rep power) by the green circles. Only Participating Members and above can give negative rep points. Everyone can give positive rep points.

I think that about covers it.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #4
Chris@TSE
I think webslave could best answer this one.....

I also noticed some odd changes in the system not too long ago. I'd like to know what changed.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #5
Mike Greathouse
Here's the thread with all of the details:

Reputation Points

Old 06-15-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
kiote9
WOO HOO!!! I just hit 100 posts and got my Rep Power. It was nice to see it go from 0 to 31.

I rarely posted here although I read almost daily. Didn't realize that it would affect anything. Change is good!

And I want to thank everyone who gave me good rep points! I makes me feel good to know someone appreciates what I have to say!!!!

Old 06-15-2005, 08:33 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
I think webslave could best answer this one.....

I also noticed some odd changes in the system not too long ago. I'd like to know what changed.
How the heck should I know? I am tweaking things behind the scenes every now and again whenever I feel like digging into something. Seems to me I changed the formula concerning rep power a while back or changed the threshold, I'm not sure. Probably took place around the time when I restricted negative reputation points to Contributors and above.

Sorry, but I just don't keep notes on the stuff I do in the admin area here.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:06 PM   #8
ecmorrell
Great, thanks, I am less confused now.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:37 PM   #9
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmorrell
Great, thanks, I am less confused now.
And now you have some too.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #10
ecmorrell
Hehe, I have to confess though- after I read that it takes 100 posts to have rep power, I immediately found 7 threads to post my 94th-100th comments on

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!