Argus hellp!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
I love all my herps
Question Argus hellp!!!!

I have owned Argus monitors in the past and have has pretty good results with them. But I never kept one long enough to see it grows up and thrive as an adult or breed them. I breed other monitors such as savannahs and Timor monitors, and have also worked with waters,Niles,and mangroves. The Argus that I am going to be getting is a large female she is a proven breeder. I was wondering what your guys say on this species is I know how there temperament can be and how it usually is I have been bitten by big monitors before, so that is not a problem.

Now for the housing, I have a moderate amount of room to give her, I will either be keeping her in my garage or my screen porch or out side for a few more mouths until the summer comes along, I live in central Florida.
I was thinking about making a cage 6 ft long by 4 ft deep by 4 ft high if it is going to go in the screen porch or garage. But if It is going to be house out side I am going to make a 8 ft long by 6 ft deep by 6 ft high. Since I plan to give her a mate and a new girl soon after getting her. What is your guys/gals suggestion on this one?
Thanks Nick

Old 09-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
Watch_Your_Babies
Theyre nicer than niles and can be tamed better than niles except for some that are total jerks. Like any monitor theyre a lot of work but Ive known some that like to go shopping with their owners on a leash.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
I love all my herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch_Your_Babies
Theyre nicer than niles and can be tamed better than niles except for some that are total jerks. Like any monitor theyre a lot of work but Ive known some that like to go shopping with their owners on a leash.
woooow that is odd I have never! seen a Argus leash trained but have seen allot of other monitors that will allow you to drag them around. And yes I am aware of the time and money they need.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!