Red Tail Boas seeking new homes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
Sugarbunny486
Red Tail Boas seeking new homes

Four RTBs, two adult and two juveniles need new homes.

All four of these were rescues, and have been re-habbed enough to go to new homes. Both adults have some well healed hot-rock under belly scarring from previous neglect. They have a great temperment, and are awesome to work with. I havent probed them(so I cant be sure of the sex), and to my knowledge they have never been bred. They came together, but I am willing to separate. Eating well. Will eat anything, their diet before the rescue was defrosted chicken drummies----with me they have been on a consistent diet of frozen thawed jumbos.

The two juvies need an experienced home. AGGRESSIVE. Just incase someone didnt read that right, these guys are biters. They need to go to someone with experience. They consistently hiss and strike at anything that moves, and this is after three months of work. They are also refusing non-live prey. Healthy and sound besides that, though.

Looking to re-home these guys to good places. Small adoption fees, just enough to deter people looking for freebies.
I am located in MN.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
taterbean
do you still have the adults? are you able to ship? i am in ohio

thanks!

Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Sugarbunny486
I am trying to hold off onto shipping right now, and trying to get these guys placed more locally. RTB are very common in rescues and shelters/ herp societies and I would say check some around your area and see what they have available.

If nothing comes through for these guys, though, I will have to ship. I will only be willing to ship if I know you personally through herps, or if you have a nice reputation through this board. Too many seriously known scammers in my state(MN) and throughout to just be shipping snakes to an address given to me in an email. Thanks!

(That last little bit was an effort to save my PM box from the barrage of mail I am getting from I think either children or seriously non-educated adults who are asking me to just drop a snake in the mail to them)

Old 07-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
ArmchairDeity
Sugarbunny,

Before diving into your PM box, I am interested in what part of MN you call home and whether you're a member of the MHS?

If you want to PM me, and you're not with the MHS yet, go ahead and PM me for info... I may be able to hook you up with a large local network of people who could help you place them which would work better than trying to place them yourself.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:21 AM   #5
scottysnics123
i am interested in all these boas i am located in mankato mn where are you located i have a good home for all of these guys
thanks
scott

Old 07-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #6
scottysnics123
email me with pics and adoption info scottotto123@gmail.com

Old 07-21-2009, 03:00 AM   #7
Kitishane
Scott, this post is over 2 years old. I'm sure the boas have already been placed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread