BD w/ red mark on belly - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
twisted1
BD w/ red mark on belly

I just noticed a red mark on my baby bd. It's already 3 months old so it couldn't be the umbilical cord. What's up w/ this?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
Beardiepal
Unable to say

Can you post a pic or describe it better? Is the skin excorited, chafed, open, what??? B

Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
twisted1
I have not pic. Tomorrow I can post one but the belly is normal and there's this red spot. I didn't inspect it further... it looked like a hole but there's no blood. I noticed it close to lights out and he's sleeping right now so I didn't want to bother him. I'll try to get a pic.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
Beardiepal
Your 3 month old will go back to sleep.

I would inspect it further. It may need to be cleaned with a little peroxide, rinsed with a little warm water on some gauze, and some antibiotic ointment applied like some neosporin. You don't want it to get infected. What sort of substrate and cage furniture do you have? B

Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
twisted1
I'll definitely inspect it further. I use paper towel. There's also a log I bought and a reptile hut. He's mostly on the log.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
Beardiepal
PM Sean

See if you can pm Heartmountain and describe it to him. He is pretty good, I really mean, really good at helping with these sort of things. Take care Beth

Old 04-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
twisted1
I'm about to upload a pic....

Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
twisted1

Old 04-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
twisted1
I can't tell if it's a hole but you can see that little deep red spot and then the area around it

Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
Beardiepal
I have no clue what it is.. I pmed Sean for you so hopefully he will be along...it almost looks like faded red marker or something but I do see the dot....do you have any hydrogen peroxide you can dab on there with a cottonball? Let it saty on there for 1-2 minutes. Then get another cottonball/gauze with warm water and wipe it off thoroughly. Don't rub so hard you irritate the area. Do you have neosporin? Spread a little of that over the area with another cottonball/gauze. It cannot hurt anything so I would try to clean the area. If you have no peroxide wipe the area off with water and then apply the neosporin/antibiotic ointment. Take good care, I am curious to see what others post to you...sorry I could not help more. B

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!