Allergic to feeders? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
Nagini
Allergic to feeders?

SO I'm allergic to rats and mice, which sucks because I have to end up getting all my feeders from someone else. Allegra helps a little, but not enough. I gave up breeding rats a while back because it was just too bad on my allergies. Now that I'm starting up snakes again I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem? Any ideas how to make it manageable? Or have you found a different kind of feeder to work with? I mainly keep ball pythons.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
Helenthereef
How are you with birds? Have you considered trying day old chicks, or quail as feeders?

Another option is to try nude mice or rats - hairless therefore less allergenic (maybe...)

Old 09-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
Nagini
I'm even worse with birds, allegra doesnt help me at all and it continues to effect me for a day or more if i'm around them. Hairless doesnt make a difference

Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
Reptile Frenzy
Man that sucks. Not too much you can do unless there is a good medicine that will stop it. We breed rats but my wife takes care of them and i take care of snakes. The pine bedding that we use mess with my allergies pretty ruff but doesnt carry onto the next day. Im fine just going in there just cant be in there on cleaning day. Buy bulk its cheaper in the long run if you cant stomp this allergy you have. Goodluck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!