Bad Guy Daniel Strong/Sara Perry/geckogirl83/monkeybread - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
KelliH
Daniel Strong/Sara Perry/geckogirl83/monkeybread

I have good reason to believe the above listed in the title of this thread are all the same person, Daniel Strong. One of the first threads ever posted on the BOI was posted by me in 2000 about this person. He tried to pass off normal ball pythons as Hets and also stole geckos from me. You can read about that here-
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/inquiry2/posts/10.html

Back then he was also trying to sell animals using the name "Sara Perry"-
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/inqu...osts/5765.html
(which, coincidentally, is the full name given by this new member here, geckogirl83)-
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=1326790

I figured out this person is actually Daniel Strong when my friend Bryan Jett told me that a local guy that had purchased some geckos from him in the past had set up numerous days and times to meet to buy more geckos but kept cancelling at the last minute or just not showing up. I asked Bryan what this guys name was so that I could avoid him if he ever contacted me and Bryan told me the dude's name is "Daniel Strong". I was very surprised to hear that name again but haha I did not forget the name! It was my very first experience of having another herper try to scam me and so I most likely will never forget the name "Daniel Strong".

So anyway I found out that Daniel was posting on GeckoForums as "monkeybread" and I called him out there too-
http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=78031

Old 08-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Kristi23
I think it's sad that he thought he could fool you on your own site. Just signing up for it was a bit crazy. I'm glad you caught it before he could screw over more people. I love that he forgot that he met Bryan in person.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Magical Geckos
And i think we can ad Wizardhaze3@hotmail.com to that list

Old 08-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
MacGaboon
I was also emailed by a Daniel Strong numerous times about some geckos I had posted on Craigslist. I wish I saved the emails, he agreed to meet me two different times, but never did.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
Kristi23
Thank you again for this post, Kelli. I hope everyone can figure out all the names and e-mails that he uses. Luckily I'll only buy from breeders that I know of, but he needs to be stopped before others buy more from him.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
KelliH
Well, when we checked voice mail today there was a message from the Better Business Bureau. They say that someone by the name of Daniel Strong files a complaint against my business (HISS) due to a "problem with product/service".

here is the link to BBB website and our business showing the complaint was filed yesterday-
http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/Busine...nts/#breakdown

I'm sure I can straighten this out with the BBB but what a pain in the butt!

Old 08-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
Spyral
Thanks for the warning on this guy. Good luck with the BBB. Can you do a counter-complaint?

Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
Mike554
Oh i feel so bad for you.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 AM   #9
KelliH
I spoke with a BBB rep on Monday and once I explained what was going on and that there was no transaction between myself and Daniel Strong, they closed the case. His complaint was that I was "slandering" him on the internet about a snake I bought from him 11 years ago. I'm beginning to think the guy is borderline mentally retarded!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
Magical Geckos
another email address..

b242424@gmail.com

name of the email is
B G

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
daniel strong, fake hets, geckogirl83, monkeybread, sara perry