DHL likes to screw with people - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
SPJ
DHL likes to screw with people

I don't get it. First I have this long battle with them over invoices I should not be responsible for since they messed up the deliveries and they never got to the destination by 10:30am the next day.
Then, they refuse to take packages when they came for the pickup because I marked the boxes live harmless reptiles (like I have done for several years now). This caused tons of grief not only for me but people waiting on packages and the added expense I had since heat packs were wasted and I had to pay a premium to ship with another carrier.
Then, they cancel my entire account saying they will not ship for me since I ship live animals.
Now today, I get a coupon in the mail from them saying "thanks for being patient, take $25 off your next shipment.
What the hell is wrong with this company?
Man I can't wait until Fed Ex decides whether or not to approve me.
DHL sucks.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #2
hhmoore
I've said it numerous times before myself, so I'll second yours...DHL SUCKS!!. currently battling with them over invoices I refuse to pay - clearly labeled to hold for customer pickup, but delivered to the wrong house. on the wrong street. in the wrong town. (if you weren't counting, that's 4 errors on 1 box...5 if you count the fact that by the time the box actually got here it was 6hrs late.
the big surprise (not): dead animals.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #3
robin d.
this is why i use UPS

Old 03-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #4
WebSlave
Heck, I was talking with someone just today who needs to send me a package. We discussed the various options and she mentioned DHL. This is ground service, btw, not reptiles. I told her, in so many words, thay I would sooner burn in hell then to give DHL any of my business. I disliked them immensely when they were Airborne Express, and I haven't heard a single solitary thing that has upgraded that opinion.

Matter of fact, whereever it is feasible, I am planning to do as much of my shipping (both incoming and outgoing) via FedEx. I feel they are supporting my business, so why not support them as much as I can? That should be the way businesses work together. UPS won't take my snakes, so to heck with them. They don't want my business? Well fine with me. Let's make that across the board then.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
hhmoore
I agree entirely, WebSlave, & have been doing pretty much the same. I haven't accepted shipments from DHL in awhile...for anything. I do all my shipping via FedEx, and prefer to receive from them as well for the same reason. (Though I admit, when receiving nonreptile shipments, I don't try to dissuade the shipper from using UPS)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!