Attention All Iguana Owners! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #11
neatochickens27
Yes please keep us updated.Im gonna say a ltitle prayer for your iggy and hope he makes it through.If he survives this he better get some action from that female you were talkin about on turtletimes!

Old 01-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #12
beanster
Well,I can report that the operation was a success.The objects were in his digestive system so he had eaten them at some time.One is a little lump of lead(could be a sinker or souldering lead)and the other unidentifiable but some metal,too.It was a three-hour surgery.Now,four weeks later the difference is enormous;his color is good,he is alert and keeps his frontal part of his body up and has some muscular function back in his legs and tail.He still cannot walk but otherwise he looks good.The swelling in his leg is nearly all gone but there is still a large swelling in his arm.The vet also removed a lot of accumulated fluid and at first JenJen looked skinny and dehydrated but after three weeks of food and hydration he has filled out again.So things are looking good

Old 01-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #13
Junkyard
That is great news to read, how is he doing now? You really have put in a lot of work and care, I admire your efforts.

Well, I just noticed you live up in L.A. no wonder your iguana was shot. I grew up in Bellflower, so it is no surprise to me. (Please do not take my humor the wrong way)

Old 01-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #14
beanster
Well,it turns out that he was not shot but had eaten those objects somewhen.Now his recovery did not go so well and the swelling in his arm is getting worse so we are off to the vet again today.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
darkbloodwyvern
good luck, hope all goes well!

Old 02-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #16
beanster
he is still recovering and has developed gout,propably as a result of the metal in his blood but the sutures are healing and most of his swellings have gone down.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #17
g&mgeckos
That's good news! Great effort on your part. I hope everything works out for you and your iggy son.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!