The 'dog factor' - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora General Discussions

Notices

Flora General Discussions This will cover anything and everything you all wish to discuss about plants.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
Lucille
The 'dog factor'

There are many factors one must take into account in having a beautiful garden.
One is the 'dog factor'. I am putting up fencing and gates to help deal with the dogs, who I cherish. The GSD pup chewed at a potted plant on the porch several weeks ago and I fussed a little but not really very much. The next day he pulled one of the plastic container potted plants off a shelf of plants on the porch and totally demolished it in minutes . So, I put the gate back on the inner fenced area and now the dogs can't snack on the potted plants.
Recently they have found a corner salvia and rose garden which is partially shaded and have totally flattened the salvia by sitting in the garden. I absolutely do not have time to go buy fencing until after finals but will do that.
I love having my dogs and they keep me company outdoors while I garden but one has to stay one step ahead of them.
Bless their little doggy hearts, gotta love 'em....

Old 04-30-2006, 06:34 AM   #2
techgirl
of course you gotta love them!! it's the little things they do that make you realized how much they mean to you and to not take life so seriously. geez if i didn't have my 2 little angels, i'd have a clean house, no worry about waking up to walk them, no vet bills, and no reason to get my butt out of bed to enjoy the gorgeous day outside. now what kind of life would that have been huh?

Old 05-07-2006, 06:07 AM   #3
Lucille
I fenced off my little garden and moved a rose bush they decided to destroy. It was 4 feet tall and in bloom, several days later it was chewed down to 1 foot. Hopefully, the rose will live and the dogs will learn to stay out of that garden, I already caught the GSD leaping over the fence which is only 2 feet tall. After he heard me carrying on loudly when I exited him summarily, I hope he remembers not to enter again..

Old 01-30-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
SapphireGemReptiles
my one dog, Bubbles (shes a shih-tzu) eats all my raspberries, strawberries and tomatoes (hopfully she wont be able to reach my new paw paw tree fruits...shes a jumper...) she can reach which is usually most or all of them but i cant stay mad at her i mean who else am i going to spoil?

Old 01-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
polasian
Fortunately, my dog (Mr. Bourbonowski) just likes to smell the flowers . He does however, enjoy the taste of pillows.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
SapphireGemReptiles
lucky

Old 01-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
Fortunately, my dog (Mr. Bourbonowski) just likes to smell the flowers . He does however, enjoy the taste of pillows.
What a great name for a dog!!!!!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Helenthereef
Have you tried repellent granules or pepper around the roots of your plants?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
Twizted Paths
Funny you should mention that. I came home and had to completly reclean my kitchen. My airedale pup chewed up all my spices, including the black pepper kernels and chili peppers, I'm still looking for the bottle of steak seasoning.

I really wish she'd hurry up and get some sense.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
Helenthereef
Hmmm, pepper's really not gonna work then, huh?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!