Shoul I be concerned? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
a1littlesister
Shoul I be concerned?

I'm a bit worried about Abbott...brief history...Abbott and Costello are siblings. Abbott being the largest of the 2 got his name. At 12 weeks Abbott was 98 grams and 12" Costello at 92 grams and 11.5". A few weeks back I noticed Abbott eating less and realized he had not moved his bowel in a few days..so I soaked for a couple days and massaged till he passed a blockage. I had changed the dried beardie food they eat and didn't realize this kind didn't get mushy when soaked causing him a blockage...OK that is passed. He is back eating but now at 18 weeks on Nov. 21 Abbott is now 138 grams and 14" and Costello is 190grams and 15.5". Abbott has seemed to have slowed or stopped growing like Costello..who was much smaller but now way bigger. Abbott is doing a lot of window dancing something he never did and his poop as now a bit runny. He just seems skinny compaired to Costello and not acting like himself. I hate to take him out in this cold weather to the vet if I'm being overly concerned. I'm new at Beardies and not sure how they act in the winter or how they tend to grow. Any suggestions would be great.

I still call them him even though I think they are female...maybe he has an
identity crisis..lol.

Thanks
Alexa

Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
Brenda777
Have you had a fecal done? If not I would find a vet and take in a fecal sample. Some will do one without bringing them in. I called around and found one that would just do a fecal and then they gave me meds for all my dragons. If you think there is a problem this would be the best way to know for sure. Keep an eye out to make sure he is eating enough and that the other one is not taking most of their food.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
a1littlesister
I had a fecal done when I first got them. Everything was ok then. I do sit with them while they are eating and make sure each gets all they want. Seems to still be eating good. I'll call the vet monday and see if I can bring a sample back in. Thanks for the reply.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!