Unlawful arrest and detention - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #61
Metachrosis
Props to those already equally balanced and READY!

Old 08-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #62
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I am really shocked that there are those who would plan to kill as an alternative to planning and saving now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
if you believe something is going to happen and all you are doing is stocking up on ammo and nothing else you are going to be in for a rude awakening.
I think I may have written that wrong or was misunderstood so I'll try to explain my thoughts better. I never said or meant for it to sound like all I was are doing is stocking up on ammo and nothing else. I don't have no deep desire to hurt anyone but I can't & will not honestly say that when there is no food available which will eventually happen in that situation (probably faster then you think) that I will not resort to animal instincts & take whatever I can, even if it's another living person to eat. Sure a few folks might save but there are thousands that don't & will need to eat. I honestly think a bullet will be way more valuable then can of corn during that period. I understand it's not a pretty picture everyone wants to think about or admit certain things too.

Lets be honest here. Besides the law being mentioned I heard I would eat this or that first. (Dennis I'm not trying to single you out here) I think man's law will be the least of anyone's worry at that point & what happens when this & that you been eating is gone? Are you seriously going to sit in a circle & watch your loved ones die. Your going to have to "put down" someone down because chances are folks will not be visiting to bring you desert. It will be a lot easier to do with a bullet then a potato which at that point I'm sure your not going to waste.

I think the mistake of placing to much faith in others is what would have put us in the position from the start. I honestly don't believe that with very minimum amounts of food left, that cant be replaced for your family, will be shared with a starving stranger.

The bottom line is saying I would not do this or that on a full belly is easy. I don't think its fair for anyone to say what your capable of when your not currently in that situation. If it makes me an evil person to do whatever is needed for my family & personal survival I rather live with that guilt then die hungry after watching my family starve.

Everyone is welcome to have an opinion on anything, even on what you think of me but please don't try to categorize me with anyone good or bad due to a single statement, especially one that may have been worded incorrectly or taken wrong. I am trying to be truthful as possible & I truly do apologize if I upset anyone with my comments. They were not made to be taken as a personal treat to anyone or to offend anyone.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #63
Metachrosis
Dont sweat it,some here excel at hyper dramatization
Im sure your content with your priorities dont let a public forum dilute you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante View Post
I truly do apologize if I upset anyone with my comments. They were not made to be taken as a personal treat to anyone or offend anyone.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #64
Dennis Hultman
Yeah, sorry if I took that post the wrong way.

Quote:
Hate to admit it but I may be labeled as "thug" when that time comes. The truth is I don't want to watching my family die hungry, I'm not going to starve, & ammo takes up less space then food if you get my meaning.
You plan on stocking up on ammo and no food (because it takes up to much room), you wouldn't let your family die and you would be considered a thug.

Sorry if I got the wrong impression that you would be out robbing, stealing and killing people to survive. I have no idea how I could have drawn that conclusion or image of a "thug".

If it wasn't for the thug part I would of thought, hunting bartering, etc etc. with extra ammo or rendering protection and services to a group. Having a skill set.

Quote:
Lets be honest here. Besides the law being mentioned I heard I would eat this or that first. (Dennis I'm not trying to single you out here) I think man's law will be the least of anyone's worry at that point & what happens when this & that you been eating is gone? Are you seriously going to sit in a circle & watch your loved ones die. Your going to have to "put down" someone down because chances are folks will not be visiting to bring you desert. It will be a lot easier to do with a bullet then a potato which at that point I'm sure your not going to waste.
I didn't state anything about not putting anyone down or being a pacifist. Actually I stated the opposite. I believe in nonaggression unless aggressed upon. I stated nothing about not protecting yourself or what is yours. If you came for my potato you'll get a whole lot more than you bargained for.

All you stated was you would have lots of ammo and would be considered a thug. So I figured you would be the guy coming to take my potato. If you are coming to trade some of that ammo or service, then I might just let you have that potato if it is worth it.

The whole thing about eating this or that is a fact with me. My children and myself have already eaten all kinds of bugs and whatnot. Wife doesn't, she doesn't eat any animal products. Anyway to add to that point one should really get to know your area. There are so many foods sources around that nobody considers. In my area there are so many plants and different flowers available all year long that people have no idea that are edible. My kids know them and have eaten many. I practice what I preach.

No, I'm not going to stick gun in anyone's face and demand their potato and let their kids parish while mine survive. I would show them how to survive if I could. Of course if they are the aggressor then that's another story. I'll have a extra potato or two.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #65
crotalusadamanteus
A man is not much of a man if he cannot adhere to basic laws of humanity. I don't mean written laws either, but the laws of what is right and wrong.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #66
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Dont sweat it,some here excel at hyper dramatization Im sure your content with your priorities dont let a public forum dilute you.
I'm content & can live with my own thoughts. I feel it's fair for me to share my current opinions or thoughts within the guidelines/rules set for site like everyone else. I want for others to express there right to disagree with me especially when they state why the have different view. I learn a lot from these forums especially when discussions remain civil. I cant force anyone to do anything but hope that if its clear my intent isn't to be disrespectful to anyone that I will get treated the same way so that everyone is willing to continue the conversation.

Dennis, I finished my post with "if you get my meaning" which I still believe you dont for the terms I used in the way I meant them. I labeled "thug" in quotes to address similarities to the was Rich used it in his post & when I said when that time comes I'm referring to when nothing is left but to live. I also never stated I only believe in stocking up only on ammo & no food in my post, but did stress the importance I feel one has over the other & that's just an opinion of mine.

Quote:
Yeah, sorry if I took that post the wrong way.
I'm not sure if your being sarcastic with the above post. I have read many of your post & agree with a majority of them but if your opinion in regards to me is bad & already set in stone, then I'm sorry you feel that way & will not bother continuing to attempt expressing what I meant. Maybe you already know what I meant & just disagree, either way it's fine. I have no hard feelings & hope you dont either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
A man is not much of a man if he cannot adhere to basic laws of humanity. I don't mean written laws either, but the laws of what is right and wrong.
Rich as I'm sure your aware I value what you think because I've come to you requesting your opinion more then once. I think I understand what you mean by the basic laws of humanity. The problem I have is with no government, no laws, no religion, & no systems in place... are we that much different then animals who follow laws of nature where right & wrong dont exist. I know humans have intelligence, love, etc that separate us from animals & hope your right & it's enough to keep our humanity over the evil in us too

Old 08-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #67
Dennis Hultman
It was meant a little sarcastic because I thought you meant it the way I took it.

No impression is set in stone. This is just all talk and giving opinion on something that has not happened yet. As of now, this is just hypothetical talk. If I did misunderstand then I apologize. You are still not taking my potato.

but I might give it to you...

Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #68
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I think I understand what you mean by the basic laws of humanity. The problem I have is with no government, no laws, no religion, & no systems in place... are we that much different then animals who follow laws of nature where right & wrong dont exist.
There have been plenty of times in history that the same type of scenario has played out. No or little government, none to enforce laws.

Religion (whatever it might be) will always find a way to stay and systems develop quickly. More people will take advantage and more savagery will be displayed but through all of recorded history there are those that retained their "humanity" and always will. There will always be some kind of system that will be developed on whatever level even if small.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #69
Durante
Quote:
It was meant a little sarcastic because I thought you meant it the way I took it.

No impression is set in stone. This is just all talk and giving opinion on something that has not happened yet. As of now, this is just hypothetical talk. If I did misunderstand then I apologize. You are still not taking my potato.

but I might give it to you...
After reading it over I can easily see how it could be taken differently then I meant it. If you look at a lot of my post (as long as no one comments after me) you'll see I edit them because I have trouble writing what I'm trying to get across. I admit I was saying it to express how I wouldn't be an angel in a certain situation but didn't consider while writing how much it could make me look like a blood thirsty psycho to people also. I guess I'm just as much at fault as anyone for the misunderstanding. If & when that time comes I will happily accept your potato if offer stands & will share my can of corn with you.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #70
Lucille
Quote:
After reading it over I can easily see how it could be taken differently then I meant it.
Sometimes when people miswrite a thought they get all tied up in defending the miswrite, instead of taking time to clarify what they really meant like you chose to do. Hopefully, it really was a miswrite.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!