Fire Skink breeders and Pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 03:03 AM   #1
deviljho
Fire Skink breeders and Pics

Hiya! I've been anamored with fire skinks for a while but quite a few sources i find selling them are wild caught. Are there any really good Fire skink breeders i should be aware of when the time comes to add one of these gorgeous skinks to my tiny (but growing!) reptile collection?

I'd also love to see pictures of your Fires, blue tongues seem to take most the skink glory here, but i'm mostly interested in Fires.

-Devil

Old 03-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
Floof
It's been a little while since you posted, but I happened to stumble across this in a google search for, incidentally, other fire skink breeders! Haha

FWIW, I've been having quite a bit of success breeding my pair. When you're ready to try Fires, give me a shout!

(also, baby picture! because it's about the only picture I have on this computer)
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #3
deviljho
Oh awesome! Those are some really pretty fire skinks! Why is it that not many people breed them? I'll definitely be sure to drop you a line when I'm ready to get a fire, I absolutely love their colors and (sometimes) their temperaments! Are captive bred fires more calm then similarly aged wild collected?

Old 03-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #4
Floof
Not sure why more people don't breed- they aren't hard at all once they get going! If I were to guess at a reason, they're extremely difficult to sex and not a high dollar animal. I got lucky on the sexing front!

Temperament can still be hit or miss with CBB. My experience has been good so far, only had one CBB that was nippy, but he could still be handled and would hand feed. Not all will be friendly and handleable, but seems to be better odds than WC. To be absolutely fair in that, though, I only have experience with one WC juvenile so far- before this one, all my WC came to me as adults or sub-adult.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:08 PM   #5
SpiritFoxKid
Those are some beautiful fire skinks!!!

Old 01-21-2018, 01:08 AM   #6
byronisturnt
Can you tell me any tips for breeding fire skinks? Thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!