QUESTIONS FOR THE FEMALE SNAKE-OWNERS - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #81
Miss Tuniwha
ha ha ha..

Lesson we are learning.

If you have a daughter that is a tom boy.. Just give her a dang snake now.. LOL Cuz she will get one eventually

LOL

Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #82
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Yohn View Post
I have a question!

13. Were you considered a tomboy growing up?

I would say that yes, I was. I loved to play in dirt, catch bugs and just wasn't a very girly-girl unless I had to be. I did play with Barbies but they were always getting caught by my Transformers and put into lego prisons. (am I giving away too much about myself?) lol
I'm still a tom boy & always will be.Playing in the rain is awesome, unless it's cold out. I hate the cold.
My He Man Figures refused to rescue the barbies & would take their horses & cars instead.

I thought I was normal until junior high. That's when I learned that being turned loose in the woods all day was supposed to be a punishment, not a reward.

I've had guys tell me that I'm not feminine enough, I just assume they're not man enough

My daughter loves her first boa, she named him Max & wants to feed him her gerbil that bit her. I'm so proud!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #83
Crazy4Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
My daughter loves her first boa, she named him Max & wants to feed him her gerbil that bit her. I'm so proud!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #84
Tiger Lilly
Quote:
I have a question!

DEFINITELY!My favorite 'doll' was G.I.JOE...I played on the boys' baseball team in the summer during elementary--way back then we didn't have 'girl' teams. In jr high I religiously hiked the mountain we lived on (in West-by-God-Virginia) during the summers & weekends & played on the girls' teams...volleyball, basketball, track, cheerleading;built cinder block forts in the back yard, too--Mom had to force me to wear dresses once a week to school, & I did, but I wore socks & sneakers instead of 'dress shoes'...& in sr. high I tried out for the guys' baseball team (we still didn't have one). One of the guys told me I was good enough to play, but the coach cut me 'cuz I was a girl.
My favorite clothes are jeans & t-shirts or over-alls...sneakers, hikers or boots...Never pass up a mud puddle if I can help it...I don't RUN through the rain to get somewhere, I walk...not afraid of dirt or most critters (except palmetto bugs & my sister's psychotic ankle-biter)...I thank God for giving me BOYS instead of girls because I got to play with all the cool toys...Michaelangelo is my favorite TMNT & I still have my TMNT baseball glove and TONKA TRUCKS RULE!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #85
Abish
Quote:
I have a question!

Yes. My mom is still waiting for me to come around.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #86
Miss Tuniwha
lol. When I got married.. My sister told one of my teachers from high school. His reply was..

"To a MAN?"

LOLOL

Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #87
draigen
LMAO!!

I can honestly say that yes, I was a MAJOR tomboy, hell I would pick up things even the boys wouldn't go near. lol You girls are forgetting about SHE-RA!!! I loved her, and lived by her adage of being a female who kicked the snot out of men(and monsters) on a regular basis. Yeah, the boys in my neighborhood feared me, especially if my lil' sis came whining to me about some pansy little male, lol >

Old 09-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #88
Will0W783
1. What type of snake(s) do you own?
I own ball pythons, carpet pythons, boas, GTPs, ETB, corn snakes, rat snakes, white-lipped pythons, blood pythons, hognose, FWC, rainbow boa, Dumeril's boa, I think that's it.

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own?

I've always loved snakes and been fascinated by them since I can remember, but my mother is deathly afraid of them so I couldn't have any growing up. My first snake was a normal adult BP, and as I read about snakes and their care and started going to reptile shows I began to fall in love with different species. I particularly love carpet pythons, GTPs, and ETBs due to their coloration and really neat-looking heads.

3. Do you have help with your snake(s)?
My fiance owns some of the snakes and we both care for them and split food costs.

4. How tall are you?
I'm 5'8"

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age?
I'm not sure. I like impressively-sized snakes, so I guess that could be because I'm tall and a lot of them seem small to me. But I also like small snakes like corns, so I think it has more to do with the snakes' colorations and temperaments than my size.

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?
Yes I guess it does. I like large snakes that have some heft to them, but I don't really want to own any that I can't feel comfortable handling on my own. Thus the largest snake we have right now is an 8' carpet and we have a juvenile RTB that will probably outgrow him but not by much.

7. What is your age group?

15-25
26-40(26)
41-50

Old 09-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #89
Will0W783
Yeah I could be considered a tomboy. I caught worms and snakes and frogs and tadpoles and bugs as a kid, and still do now! I love cars and snakes and really don't care much about brand name clothes or anything. I do love shoes and purses though, so I guess I'm not a total tomboy- just 90% one! lol. Little wonder most of my friends are guys, huh?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #90
Will0W783
8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship?
Not yet, but my fiance has threatened to throw me out if I buy another snake...of course he ends up getting another one shortly after each time he threatens this so I'm not concerned..lol.

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass?
I imagine they would go to my fiance. If he died before me, they would go to a snake-breeder friend of mine.

10. Why do you keep the species you work with? What are your goals with them?

I'm starting into breeding, but it started as just keeping pets.

11. Kinda got another one- any single ladies, how do you break the news to potential b/f's?
Well, I got most of my collection since meeting my fiance, so it hasn't been an issue. But I imagine it would come pretty early in any conversation with a potential bf, since I love my snakes and can't help but talk about them...lol.

12. How do your friends view your hobby / deal with your obsession?
Since most of my friends are guys they think it's pretty cool. But I must admit all of my female friends are freaked out,except for maybe two that want to meet all my snakes..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!