Dark side of Herpetology - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #21
Wolfy-hound
I'd forgotten the large BP female that died next to the heat source... ewwwww... yeah. That's a smell you don't want. And to top it off, I stuffed her body(triple bagged) into the freezer until trash day, and put it out that morning.

Guess which garbage company decided to bypass my cans that morning out of spite? Guess who decided to LEAVE the cans out there until the next WEEK out of spite??

The company called to complain and I explained it was fresh garbage on the FIRST tuesday, but it wasn't my fault if the truck decided to leave it there an extra week.

They have NEVER missed picking up my cans again.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #22
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
I'd forgotten the large BP female that died next to the heat source... ewwwww... yeah. That's a smell you don't want. And to top it off, I stuffed her body(triple bagged) into the freezer until trash day, and put it out that morning.

Guess which garbage company decided to bypass my cans that morning out of spite? Guess who decided to LEAVE the cans out there until the next WEEK out of spite??

The company called to complain and I explained it was fresh garbage on the FIRST tuesday, but it wasn't my fault if the truck decided to leave it there an extra week.

They have NEVER missed picking up my cans again.
Oh god.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #23
Twizted Paths
That'll teach 'em to neglect you

Old 07-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #24
Wolfy-hound
Well to be fair, I did CALL them and say "Your truck missed picking up my trash AGAIN." and they just sort of went "too bad".

And I wasn't about to bring that inside, ewww.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #25
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
Well to be fair, I did CALL them and say "Your truck missed picking up my trash AGAIN." and they just sort of went "too bad".

And I wasn't about to bring that inside, ewww.
Now if it were me I would have painted my trash can black.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:49 AM   #26
th3jok3r
wow rats in a blender.. i cant imagine that.. must go on youtube...

Old 07-05-2009, 02:51 AM   #27
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3jok3r View Post
wow rats in a blender.. i cant imagine that.. must go on youtube...
No. It was the most disgusting thing I think I've ever done.

Well. Removing 28 slugs from an 8' very upset BCI's enclosure was pretty gross, and scary. BONUS!

Old 07-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #28
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
No. It was the most disgusting thing I think I've ever done.
I'd think cleaning out the blender would have been the grosser part.

Quote:
Well. Removing 28 slugs from an 8' very upset BCI's enclosure was pretty gross, and scary. BONUS!
Whoever invented towels is my hero, they work on angry snakes, dogs, cats, iggys, kids, tweaker tokays - almost everything, except fish.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #29
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
I had that happen to me too but they had sat because I was out of town doing shows and they had become very ripe. But again the garbage disposals in my pond seemed to enjoy them.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #30
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Whoever invented towels is my hero, they work on angry snakes, dogs, cats, iggys, kids, tweaker tokays - almost everything, except fish.
Not that I'd recommend someone do this unless they feel qualified but...

A damp, chemical and cleanser free soft towel is the perfect surface to lay a fish on for a brief period of time when physically removing adult anchorworms. Control is still a bit of an issue, and not every species can be restrained as easily as every other... and the time out of water needs to be considered but out-of-water removal is substantially easier than trying to tweeze them off while the fish is swimming.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!