A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
AbsoluteApril
These threads are always fun! Reptile people rock.

Occupation: Team Lead in Customer Service for Packaging Distribution Company

What snakes do you own?: BCi Boa Constrictors (lots!), Amazon Tree Boas (again, lots!) and a few corn snakes for good measure

Why do you keep snakes?: Fascinating, easy to care for and beautiful

What other animals do you have?: 2 leopard geckos and 3 cats

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Movies, Reading, Video Games, Camping/Hiking, i try to draw when I have time

Anything else to add?: I can be bribed with cheese-its and cake. I also *heart* HULU. Currently debating if I should grow my hair back out.

(Optional) Picture:

Old 05-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #12
tinmantribe5
Amanda put up some info Girl!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 AM   #13
Bob Kite
What snakes do you own?: Ball Pythons
Why do you keep snakes?: Honestly for my own personal enjoyment, they are apassion of mine and I like them.
What other animals do you have?: Leopard geckos, a sulcatta, a pitbull and 2 cats
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: tattooing, art, and riding the motorcycle
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 AM   #14
joseydiann

What snakes do you own?:
16 Corns and 4 Ball Pythons!

Why do you keep snakes?:
Not sure o.0 joking. I just realized I really liked them after Tinman sent me my first BP's! They are pretty cool to sit and watch I love the patterns and colors and they are pretty easy to care for. Just very fascinating.

What other animals do you have?:
Bearded Dragons, Leopard Geckos, Blue Tongue Skinks, Veiled Chameleons, Tegu, Tortoises, Box Turtles, Dogs, Ferrets, ect.. We have cut back some.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?:
Camping, fishing, watching movies and tv shows, gardening, web design, learning all I can about animals. And being on Fauna with friends

Anything else to add?:
I have learned that I am doing the best I can with what I know, and sometimes I just don't know. The secret to living is giving not getting. I've learned that anger, fear, and shame can paralyze people. That music and beautiful places can rejuvenate and inspire the soul. I have learned that powerful people can fall that no one is invincible. I've learned that when I do right, no one ever remembers, but when I do wrong, no one ever forgets. No one dies a virgin, life screws us all. Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives you the test first and then the lesson. Smile, because it's easier than explaining why you're so sad. I have learned that you'll never know the worth of the water till the well is dry. Don't dwell on what you can't change. Sometimes someone says something really small, and it fits just right into that empty place in your heart.

(Optional) Picture:

There ya go Shawn!

Amanda

Old 05-28-2010, 03:16 AM   #15
Willow
What snakes do you own?: 20+ Ball pythons, 1 boa and a lucy rat snake!
Why do you keep snakes?: I love all animals, but I find reptiles fascinating. Snakes are just stunning creatures!
What other animals do you have?: a dog (dachshund!) and a husband! hehe
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Movies! video games! writing! photography!
Anything else to add?: I'm the most outgoing anti-social person ever! it tends to confuse people.
Picture:

Old 05-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #16
tinmantribe5
Big PimpIN IN the House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kite View Post
What snakes do you own?: Ball Pythons
Why do you keep snakes?: Honestly for my own personal enjoyment, they are apassion of mine and I like them.
What other animals do you have?: Leopard geckos, a sulcatta, a pitbull and 2 cats
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: tattooing, art, and riding the motorcycle
Thats my Boy Big Pimpin BOB KITE !

Old 05-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
Bob Kite
Shawn your too much lol

Old 05-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #18
tinmantribe5
Willow's pretty Green Eyes!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
Kaiyudsai

What snakes do you own?: Locality BCC(Surinames, Brazilians, Peruvians, and Bolivian BCA)

Why do you keep snakes?: This snake obsession has been going on for over 17 years..... so I dont really know why it started... but it just always seemed like an essential part of my existence... I think life without them is rather uninteresting... and dull

What other animals do you have?: A Boston Terrier and lots of frozen rodents

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Cajun stuff, like hunting fishing and cooking

Anything else to add?:

(Optional) Picture:

Old 05-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #20
WingedWolf
Occupation: This is my occupation. I also run an online metaphysical retail store.
What snakes do you own?: Ball pythons, Plains garter
Why do you keep snakes?: It is a business (plus, I adore animals).
What other animals do you have?: Geckos.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Reading, organic gardening, fishing, camping, metaphysical studies, wildlife observation.
Anything else to add?: Not too much.
(Optional) Picture: Cameras hate me, nothing worth posting at this time, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!