A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #41
Dawn Zimmerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
These threads are always fun! Reptile people rock.

Occupation: Team Lead in Customer Service for Packaging Distribution Company

What snakes do you own?: BCi Boa Constrictors (lots!), Amazon Tree Boas (again, lots!) and a few corn snakes for good measure

Why do you keep snakes?: Fascinating, easy to care for and beautiful

What other animals do you have?: 2 leopard geckos and 3 cats

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Movies, Reading, Video Games, Camping/Hiking, i try to draw when I have time

Anything else to add?: I can be bribed with cheese-its and cake. I also *heart* HULU. Currently debating if I should grow my hair back out.

(Optional) Picture:

Looks like you have an oval face and if so you can wear any hairstyle you want and it will look good. BTW it looks nice on you now, but I think it would be pretty if it were longer. Guess I haven't helped you much!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #42
Dawn Zimmerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post

What snakes do you own?:Balls, corns, KSB, MBK, texas rat and western hogs
Why do you keep snakes?: I've always been fascinated with them. As a tot, I brought my mom a "worm", which to her horror was actually a baby rattlesnake. Always wanted a snake, but feeding them live gives me the heebeejeebees. Once I found out they could eat f/t, I finally got a baby corn that promptly died due to mites. I bought a ball python and now I've got loads of them.

What other animals do you have?: Husband, 21 yr old daughter, horses, dogs, cats, tortoise's, blue tongue skinks, frog, rabbits, guinea pigs, 2 African Grey parrots, parakeets and a glass lizard.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: glass beadmaking, crochet, knit, polymer clay, ceramics, pottery, beadwork

Anything else to add?: DH is retired Air Force after 24 yrs. I was military spouse for 23 of those years and we raised a great military brat. Spent 3 years in Okinawa Japan and DH did Korea, Australia and Afghanistan. DH is now working the civilian sector and I attempt to make and sell my artwork as my bad back and critters allow. Much of my work is donated to various Charity. Some of my designs/items have been published by magazines, calendars and books.
Awesome! I am also an artist, but have not done much for a while nor have I tried to sell anything, need to get back into it.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #43
tinmantribe5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Zimmerman View Post
Looks like you have an oval face and if so you can wear any hairstyle you want and it will look good. BTW it looks nice on you now, but I think it would be pretty if it were longer. Guess I haven't helped you much!
April your Hott! with or without long hair girl! (I like full Bussomed ladies myself hehehe!)

Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #44
AbsoluteApril
Thanks Dawn! I used to have hair down past my waist and when I cut it all off people said I looked a lot younger... but I miss my hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmantribe5 View Post
April your Hott! with or without long hair girl! (I like full Bussomed ladies myself hehehe!)
haha Shawn, thanks! I'm trying to lose weight, the sad part is, everything else gets smaller too. d'oh!!

I gotta say.. there's a lotta good looking people that like reptiles!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #45
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Thanks Dawn! I used to have hair down past my waist and when I cut it all off people said I looked a lot younger... but I miss my hair.

haha Shawn, thanks! I'm trying to lose weight, the sad part is, everything else gets smaller too. d'oh!!

I gotta say.. there's a lotta good looking people that like reptiles!
I love it when my waistline shrinks, but anything above that, i get frustrated, cause it is so annoying to see those shrinking as well

Old 06-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #46
Payara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
What snakes do you own?: Right now only 8 Ball Pythons and 8 Kenyan Sand Boas. I've kept many species though and love em all!
Why do you keep snakes?: Because I think they are awesome, beautiful, and very interesting. The genetics stuff is cool too.
What other animals do you have?: 3 cats, rats, mice, dubia roaches, fish, tarantulas and Rhacodactylus geckos (Cresteds, Gargoyles, Saras and a Leachianus)
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Music, reading, video games, movies, hiking
Anything else to add?: Lets see... I'm a people-hating liberal who just wants world peace
(Optional) Picture:
Most recent, not the best though.
Damn Abby, you are ridiculously CUTE

Old 06-10-2010, 03:48 AM   #47
Behindblueyes21
What snakes do you own?: 18 balls, 1 red blood.
Why do you keep snakes?: I love them!! I always have and always will.
What other animals do you have?: A big fat cat named Squirt, Lotsa Fish, and a cute corgi named Zoey.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Art, Tattoos, Cars, piercings, hiking, camping, fishing, uhmmm.... music... LIFE.
Anything else to add?: I am ME!

Check out my facebook if you wanna learn more!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=812312995

Old 06-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #48
KingBowser
Occupation: Wildlife Ecology student by day, convenience store manager by night. I hate my job!
What snakes do you own? Several ball pythons, I forget how many.
What other animals do you have? A trio of collared lizards, a few invertebrates, a dog, and a cat.
What other hobbies do you enjoy? Field Herping, Anything Star Wars, oh yeah, and hanging out with my wife...
Anything else to add? Ehh...O'Doyle Rules!
Picture: I'm too lazy to upload it.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #49
HyderHouseHerps
Occupation: Licensed Veterinary Technician x 6 years, bsn nursing student
What snakes do you own?: bps, candoia, ksb, rhacs, redfoot tortoise, day geckos
Why do you keep snakes?: they're beautiful and quiet
What other animals do you have?: 3 dogs (st bernards and a chihuahua), dumbo rats
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: when i have time: painting, gardening, video games, anything crafty
Anything else to add?:
(Optional) Picture:

Old 06-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #50
jscianni21
What snakes do you own?:3. balls 2.2 corns 1.1nelsons milks 2.1 boas
Why do you keep snakes?: i have always had intrests in all types of animals but reptiles are my favorites .
What other animals do you have?:a cat named butters a dog named spike and 2 leos
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:guitar , fishing ,swimming ,beer beer beer , and going to concerts
Anything else to add?: wanna drink some beer ?
(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!