anyone here ever have experience w/ PETA? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #21
Mike Greathouse
Mike,
I agree with you 100%.
The point that I was trying to make is that there is already a powerful organization in place that is fighting PETA on a daily basis. PIJAC addresses the legislative issues which is where the real fight is located.

The Humane Society of the United States {HSUS} is closely linked to PETA and is also very well-funded. They are spending their money in two primary places. One is with advertising dollars to convince the American public of their good intentions and garner additional support and monies and the other is with the lawmakers to pass more restrictive legislation regarding exotics.

The PETA members on the street harassing individuals and retail locations are small potatoes and really nothing more then an irritant. It's the courts that will ultimately decide the fate of our industry.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #22
Bringerofdoom
Oh, yes i am very aware of humane societies actions too. I am writing a nice little page of facts of peta and i will also cover some things about HSUS too.

Too many people hear both those words and blindly believe both of them are in it for the welfare of the animals. Their ultimate goals of every domestic animal fixed, where there is no more reproduction is scary. They are talking about making animal races like dogs and cats extinct, to get their points across.

Talk about humane...... Makes people like hitler look a little better in comparison.........

Old 04-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #23
TeBo
lol.. I told this girl in my health101 class, about all these things about my situation w/ PETA. I am also casually seeing this girl, which I guess won't be happening for very much longer .. hahah.. She went off on me, cuz she's a PETA member (should have known. She's hardcore vegan and all that.) saying "Those guys that do the protesting and stuff, and the public views and all, give the rest of us a bad name." I couldn't say anything, cuz well, she has a hella cute smile .. but all I could think was, "Well, if that's the case, your organization member gives you a bad name, cuz her @$$ supports those radical activists. errrr.. hahah.. oh well, guess it wouldn't work anyways, cuz she wouldn't get on my motorcycle, cuz she don't wanna wear leather protective gear.. hahah oh well. . . . . NEEEXT! ! ! !

Old 04-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #24
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
Oh, yes i am very aware of humane societies actions too. I am writing a nice little page of facts of peta and i will also cover some things about HSUS too.
Will this be facts you've personally discovered and researched, or just a regurgitation of stuff you found on Google? I only ask because some of the research required to find some of these things is pretty intense and dangerous, and it seems that people should be sent where credit is due for these facts... just MHO.

I hate PETA too.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:03 PM   #25
TeBo
just hit up the pijac website. wanted to contribute, wanted to help n' all, but u need to at least breed your pets for a hobby to be in it. I just have one snake. One that I take care of, and that's more than enough for me. They don't have a classification for simple pet owners. So my best bet is the new, and definitely lovely anti-peta.org webbie once it's done=)

Old 04-19-2005, 07:20 PM   #26
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
Will this be facts you've personally discovered and researched, or just a regurgitation of stuff you found on Google? I only ask because some of the research required to find some of these things is pretty intense and dangerous, and it seems that people should be sent where credit is due for these facts... just MHO.

I hate PETA too.
Facts, not from google, but from its own website and affiliates.

like take these 2 links for example
http://www.helpinganimals.com/i-nobirth.html
http://www.helpinganimals.com/t-lawspayord.html
This site is a peta affiliated site. They talk about the dream of making america with 100% spayed and nuetured pets..... The other page talks about states and counties with spay and nueter laws in effect. There are also pages where they encourage people to push the issues in their counties....

http://www.helpinganimals.com/Factsh...splay.asp?ID=9
That is their page against the reptile industry.
Quote:
Purchasing a reptile caught in his or her natural habitat encourages the removal of wildlife from delicate ecosystems. Buying captive-bred animals only encourages breeders to replenish their stock. If you must have a reptile as a companion animal, please consider adopting one from a local shelter or rescue group.
Sites with more information against peta and hsus, i will post their respected links on a link page.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:16 AM   #27
Bringerofdoom
MY site is up (Hopefully) Just gotta wait for the www. name servers to re-sync with the webhost, i think. Anyways here is a temp link that is working. http://anti-peta.org/ i know i dont have alot up yet, but its a start. (If the link does not work the first try, try agian.) Hopefully the www. will start to work soon.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:36 AM   #28
TeBo
hey bro, how come I registered, and it tells me that my name is registered n' all, but it won't let me log in?? help me out here.. FIRST REGISTERED USER! ! ! hell yea Anti-Peta.ORG!

Old 04-25-2005, 02:25 AM   #29
PaulSage
Mice & Rats

According to PETA's website:
"Both mice and rats are also highly sociable animals. They become attached to each other, love their own families... "

and there's no better way to express the love for your family than to eat the heads off your children... Now that's LOVE.

Also, I find some hipocrisy in their push to have all dogs and cats spayed or neutered. Forced surgical sterilization is considered to be mutilation when done to people in other countries...

GREAT idea with the anti-peta site by the way

Old 04-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #30
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeBo
hey bro, how come I registered, and it tells me that my name is registered n' all, but it won't let me log in?? help me out here.. FIRST REGISTERED USER! ! ! hell yea Anti-Peta.ORG!
Sorry about that, i gotta get ahold of the forumer admin again. That forum keeps having that same problem. Hopefully itll be fixed tonight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!