Stuffing yer pet. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: Is the stuffing of your pet OK, or not OK
Yes! It's your animal. It's OK to have as keepsake. 11 55.00%
NO! That is a filthy and disgusting thought! 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2005, 05:42 PM   #21
Karen Hulvey
While I would not have any pets of mine mounted, I do have a 9#largemouth bass and a 15# northern pike my dad caught on my wall. I don't mind taxidermy but I was at a large animal sale recenty and they had literally hundreds of animals stuffed. Every animal you could image was there. I was walking around looking at them and I had this sort of weird, kind of sad feeling because all of these magnificant animals were dead. Here's a link to pictures of an upcoming sale they're having. They even have a giraffe shoulder mount and an elephant ear this time.

Taxidermy Pictures

Old 10-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #22
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Dixie Dragons
I miss my Beagles terribly!! I need another one.
Really? Cuz check this out here
You might get yer chance, and a good deed to boot.
Never know though. I know you show people and the blood line stuff. My mom was a breeder of Australian shepherds for like umpteen years. She had a couple Grand National Champs back in the day. I was still fairly young then.

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #23
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Dixie Dragons
Yeah so.. to all ya who didn't like my little doggies!! lol!

Cat, If you go back to the first page of posts, you will notice that I am actually in the hound ring with my Basset!! (Only a show person would pick that up!!) I still show Bassets and now starting in Chi. I thought I was the only show person here! Good to know I am not alone! I miss my Beagles terribly!! I need another one. I have one of the Gods of Beagles down here Marie Shuart (Teloca)..of course her stuff has not been the same since she had a stroke years ago,,but she can still be seen drooling at ringside.

A Bloodhound on a diet?? That is an oxymoron! Good luck with that! The Bassets are just as bad about food! maybe worse..you can ask my neighbors too! What really pisses the neighbors off is when they all decide the want to sing...usually around 12 midnight...Hounds! they can really carry a tune can't they??
I noticed the Basset in the show ring right away, lol...and a very nice looking hound, I must say!!

I've "retired" from showing for the time being....I had kids and all that good crap, and decided not to lug them around the country every weekend....but I WILL return to it someday, it's another one of those things that gets in your blood, for sure! I had mostly Chardon line Beagles....my top male was a double grandson of Kentucky Derby (who at the time had more BIS than any other Beagle). If I'm not mistaken, I think he went back to some Teloca dogs.....Teloca Patches Little Dickens comes to mind?

My Bloodhound is a "rescue", as are a lot of the critters around here, lol. He WAS up to 142 pounds (yikes!) but I've managed to get him down to about 125....he could still lose another 10 or 15 pounds, but I just can't listen to that godawful mournful starvation song anymore....he think's he's dying on 6 cups of food a day.

Anyhoo.....back to the topic (sorry all) we have a couple of wood ducks hanging on the wall that the ol man has shot, and we used to have a big Canada goose too, but he got broken when we moved, lol. I don't mind those.....I guess because I didn't know them PERSONALLY before their demise....and it makes the ol man look like a "great white hunter"....

Old 10-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #24
Cat_72
A quick shot of my BH playing with my kitty....back when they were BOTH smaller, hehehe....
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #25
Cat_72
WOW, that picture turned out LITTLE.

Sheesh.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:51 AM   #26
Reptileking636
Quote:
well..we could work on the "not yet expired" part...Ill help you with yours if you help me with my ex...I could use his head for target practice..
whats with all this hostility I mean c'mon now lol. I am not really for or against the stuffing, but I agree with the statement about not wanting to stuff a dog. I have a fat beagle that is afraid of the dark, and he does sing a nice little tune if he hears something outside, or inside, or if someone knocks on the dood but hey gotta love those hound dogs

Old 10-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #27
cornchips
Cat, I couldnt help but see that you have a Bloodhound..I have a 6mnth old bloodhound too..He is wild,ornery and the sweetest dog ever..I am finally getting him well trained on the leash and he is doing most excellent.
Here is a pic, He is about 85lbs already.

I dont think I could ever get my dogs stuffed and mounted, too sad for me...But I could my reptiles mounted, dont ask me why I do love my reps too.I had a rottie last year I had to put down he was soo old and couldnt get up anymore without whining(hip dysplasia) I sometimes think it might have been neat to have him stuffed on my porch but then I get sad and think no way.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #28
Cat_72
Awww Celia.....you will have a VERY fun (and at times challenging, lol) adventure with you Bloodhound. They are a one of a kind breed.....not for everyone for certain, but those of us who love them....well, we REALLY love the big doofuses.

I could never even imagine him non-animated....or non-drooling for that matter. LOL!

Your pic didn't show up though.....I'd like to see him!! Feel free to send it to me in an email if you'd like.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #29
cornchips
sorry OT

Here is a pic.This was taken about a month ago.Im now used to the ropes of drool, I used to keep a towel nearby now I just wipe it off and keep going..He is a big doofus for sure, klutzy, slams into things, trips over his own feet, and can bruise you with his tail...Very challenging but I love a challenge..

Old 10-14-2005, 01:54 PM   #30
cornchips
sorry it came out soo big I thought photobucket was supposed to automatically resize.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!