Stuffing yer pet. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: Is the stuffing of your pet OK, or not OK
Yes! It's your animal. It's OK to have as keepsake. 11 55.00%
NO! That is a filthy and disgusting thought! 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2005, 07:14 PM   #41
crotalusadamanteus
wow! that third one is huge. LOL

Old 10-14-2005, 07:36 PM   #42
Cat_72
Aw, your babies are beautiful too Richard!!! I used to have a rednose APBT.....sweetest dog, she was.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but don't they often crop the ears on the Mastino? I love the look of yours, with the natural ears.....even if she didn't get all wrinkly like her Dad!

And at least your pics didn't turn out all tiny like mine....sheesh.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #43
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Correct me if I'm wrong....but don't they often crop the ears on the Mastino? I love the look of yours, with the natural ears.....even if she didn't get all wrinkly like her Dad!
Well, on many breeds, it is the standard for show purposes. But I believe tails were meant to leave bruises on your legs. LOL As for copping my dogs ears, I've seen the difference in the dirt that gets in there when cropped, versus uncropped. My dogs ears stay pretty clean. Alot of people do it also for the look. They like that "mean" look. You know, the important stuff.

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #44
Cat_72
I agree totally...I prefer them natural. I believe this is the first one I've seen uncropped, and I really like her.

Last time I was at a show, I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot more uncropped ears......I think more and more people are realizing that it's an idea whose time has passed.

And I like to play with their "big fluppy ears" (said in your best talking to your doggie voice).

Old 10-15-2005, 10:08 AM   #45
cornchips
Beautiful mastiff, actually we had been looking for a bullmastiff when we happened upon Tank our bloodhound and well he was just soo pathetic, we had to take him home.His eyes were infected and he was already 5mnths old and had never been out of his pen with his mom,brother and sis..He was so terrified when we brought him home, he had never even heard traffic as he had been way out in the country.He hid in his doghouse for two days and wouldnt eat...Now he is spoiled, though he is not a house dog because he is not pottytrained he is allowed in the house for supervised times and walked everyday and played with and loved...

Old 10-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #46
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks.
Bullies are nice too. Never had one, but will some day. It takes a while to save up for a good one. LOL I like proveable bloodlines in my animals. Picky I guess, so it takes a while to make choices.
Would also like a Dog D' Bordeux some day. Like the one in "Turner and Hootch". I love the look of those big ugly mugs. LOL

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-15-2005, 06:53 PM   #47
A_Kendergirl
I've known a person or two that had thier pet dog stuffed. It was creepy.

I don't really like taxidermy, but I know the HUGE amount of artistic skill it takes to make it look "right".

For some reason though, give me a bare skull and I'm happy! I don't understand myself sometimes. LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!